Anything Goes: The random bs thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^agreed on axial scx-10 rtr.

Unless you have a 9yr old named Owen (or want one ;)) it should last a good while.

I've been trying to decide if I want the VAIStech or Grom unit to use my phone for music. Vaistech is popular on Mud, but the customer service guy I talked to the other day wasn't exactly helpful. The Grom is also well reviewed, but I can't use the cd player once it's hooked up; whereas I believe I keep the cd player with the vaistech.

Here's a pic for fun. It was playing Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - Planet Caravan.

Honestly, I haven't used my CD player in months (or years) other than kids crap that they want to play. But that's a personal preference thing.

And newer Toyota audio can kiss my ass. I've fought issues with my Sequoia ever since I put a newer Kenwood in there. The factory JBL setup is picky and most people just gut it all and run new wires.

I've been trying to decide if I want the VAIStech or Grom unit to use my phone for music. Vaistech is popular on Mud, but the customer service guy I talked to the other day wasn't exactly helpful. The Grom is also well reviewed, but I can't use the cd player once it's hooked up; whereas I believe I keep the cd player with the vaistech.

Here's a pic for fun. It was playing Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - Planet Caravan.

I'd be interested to know what you decide. We're headed out on a 10 day Spring Break Trip and I'd like to have something by then. The PO did install the Vaistech XM unit. I might activating it. That would be easier then installing something different.

Currently my CD Magazine is stuck. So I wont miss anything if it doesn't work.

There was a huge snowstorm when I was stationed in DC in 99/00 and it was crazy. Kids were on school buses for 4-6 hours trying to get home, people on the beltway for hours and hours stuck in traffic trying to get home, Metro was shut down. It shut down everything and It was only about an 18" accumulation. I couldn't imagine how messed up it is with how much they just got. Thought I had a pic of my full size bronco in this, my parking spot was on the lane just in front of where I'm standing in this pic. The snow plow came through and built a decent wall effectively blocking everyone in place. Wasn't too bad for me, but guys in cars were SOL.

I got a VAIStech SL3b. It looks straight forward enough, but it will be at least another week before I can put it in. I popped out the panel on the left side of the radio last night to see how difficult it would be. It's easy enough once you get past the point of "am I going to break this". I disconnected the plug for the hazards/centerlock diff/radio antenna. When I plugged it back in, my hazards were going off and the center lock was engaged. That was the only odd thing so far. I'll update or start a new thread on it once I've got it set up and working.

Picture me Rollin'

image.jpg

I rarely talk cruisers to anyone but y'all. (I swear!) However, between her trips to the ORV park, Nat'l forrest, and us talking about my wife getting a 100, it appears my little girl has caught the bug. My mother told me a few weeks ago that Ava asked her if she could have her Land Cruiser (an 80-Series) when she turned 16.

Proof of the bug: Ava's Valentine box.

20160221_162646.jpg

20160221_162657.jpg

^ That's awesome!

Hope she gets a good job when she grows up.... to feed the addiction.

Hey guys...still working on my mystery noise...anyone got a good recommendation for a timing light brand/model? Was looking at a few on Amazon, but wondered if there are any features I should get, or just do the basic timing light?

Hey guys...still working on my mystery noise...anyone got a good recommendation for a timing light brand/model? Was looking at a few on Amazon, but wondered if there are any features I should get, or just do the basic timing light?

Basic will do just fine.

Who has the store that sells cruiser stuff?? I know they posted somewhat recently that they started selling ARB and other stuff. I was wanting to stop by and window shop a bit. I just can't recall who it was or where that was posted.

Bobby at the Cruiser Company out on Col.Glenn.

Considering a 2001 third gen 4runner...any pitfalls that anyone knows of to avoid? Paging @JWaldz ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom