Anyone know what OEM Toyota wheels these are? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran across a set of 16" Toyota wheels of an LX470 that I have never seen before.
Part number appears to be T05 816 C but that brings up nothing on any searches.

If anyone has any info on these or can point me to any resource I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
IMG_0264_zps30f1620e.jpg

IMG_0265_zpsc8db1b36.jpg

IMG_0266_zps2b178518.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpseda00252.jpg

Looks like a 17 inch wheel which was an option around '05-'06 maybe. More common in Japan and Aussie land.

Does look to be stamped as 16 inch though.

Last edited:
um...doesn't it say NOT original equipment?
:meh:

Looks to be a 17 inch wheel which were an option around '05-'06 maybe. More common in Japan and Aussie land.

Does look to be stamped as 16 inch though.

Yes, I though they were the 17" ones also and was about to jump on them till I noticed the stamp.

um...doesn't it say NOT original equipment?
:meh:

Yes, sorry, so not OEM but made by Toyota as on optional wheel maybe? Never seen a stamp like that either.

Yeah, that Lexus logo looks like a Chinese knock off.

Hummm - "Not Original Equipment". I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it was not manufactured by Toyota/Lexus.

I don't have an LX but I always thought the Lexus emblems on the wheels were raised, in that photo it looks like its flush with the center cap plus the "Not Original Equipment".....I'd say you have some knockoff wheels that I personally would not run on my truck. Sorry bud:confused:

Yeah, I passed. Originally was interested as I thought they were the hard to come by 17" wheels when I saw the face only. Seeing the 16 in the stamp deterred me and no hit on part number should have been a good clue. Didn't realize how far the fakes go with the stamping of Toyota and fake part numbers.

Also, the rim is stamped 8J x 16, while the oem rims are 8JJ. If you measure the lip for the tyre, you'll find that the J-lip is smaller than the JJ-lip. (In addition to J and JJ, you also get P, B and K lip profiles). The biggest difference is in the radius of the curvature where the tyre bead meets the sidewall, where the JJ will be kinder to a tyre with a lowered pressure.
flange.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom