Any tips on installing Bug Catcher Weather Stripping? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
I have a new kit from Cruiser Outfitters. Just wondering if anyone has installed and can give feedback. The piece that goes against the post seems to be cut a little different so wondering which side goes in channel facing out?

On side seems to have a wider groove

image.jpg

Ever figure this out? I’m in the middle of this. Looks like on my ‘65 that the outside flange part of the vertical channel is a little wider, so I’m assuming that’s for the wider part in this rubber piece that holds the window in place. Still trying to figure the best cuts for this stuff.

This is a PITA upgrade. Wish there were some hints on cutting this stuff. If it’s cut uninstalled it mismatches when installed. If cut when installed, it has to be removed several times to finess the cuts to fit each other well. Mine barely do. Requires a not very sharp picture to show it off. One of the hardest things I’ve done to my rigs. And that shows, Window operation is ok. Took me ~6 hrs for this one window.

IMG_4711.JPG

Did the other side today, joints look about the same. But took me only 2 hrs this time 😂. Still a PITA.

Thanks Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom