Alternative oil plug gasket (12h-t) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mcguirejohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone stateside have a good part # for the gasket that goes over the drain plug on the oil pan? I snagged one from a corolla today at the dealership I work at but I'd like to get one with a better fit for the next go around.

Have you looked at the gaskets from an R engine? In any case ,the part number 90430-18244 is used across a broad range of Toyotas in N America. They don't need to be tight around the plug

Does anyone stateside have a good part # for the gasket that goes over the drain plug on the oil pan? I snagged one from a corolla today at the dealership I work at but I'd like to get one with a better fit for the next go around.

How many do you want bro? I give these out for free with oil filter purchases. Happy to send you some McGuire.

Have you looked at the gaskets from an R engine? In any case ,the part number 90430-18244 is used across a broad range of Toyotas in N America. They don't need to be tight around the plug

I have not looked into that one. I assume you mean 22R and others closely related? Thanks for the lead!

How many do you want bro? I give these out for free with oil filter purchases. Happy to send you some McGuire.

Hey Onur, that would be awesome. I actually want to get a 15601-68010 from you when I change the oil again next go around to compare to the current Wix filters that I am using. The damn things just don't seem to seal up correctly. Give me a couple of weeks and once I get paid I'll hit you up for that and possibly the PS motor mount.

I use thick aluminium washers.

You can get sets containing a wide range of sizes pretty cheaply.

:beer:

I go into my local parts store and just buy anything that fits. Tried some leather ones , but they are not as good as the aluminium or copper.
The parts cross reference shows a huge amount of Toyotas using the same size.

I actually want to get a 15601-68010 from you when I change the oil again next go around to compare to the current Wix filters that I am using. The damn things just don't seem to seal up correctly.

Sorry, are you stating that the Wix oil filter does not seem to seal up correctly? If so I am having the same issue. I would love to hear your results with the OE filter.

Sorry, are you stating that the Wix oil filter does not seem to seal up correctly? If so I am having the same issue. I would love to hear your results with the OE filter.
Yes exactly. All 3 Napa filters (re-branded wix filter) that I have used thus far seem to spray a fine mist of oil right around the sealing surface. And they aren't loose trust me... I will for sure let you know how it works out. Probably won't be changing my oil till around spring break since I only put around 100 miles on it a week being in college.

Yes exactly. All 3 Napa filters (re-branded wix filter) that I have used thus far seem to spray a fine mist of oil right around the sealing surface. And they aren't loose trust me... I will for sure let you know how it works out. Probably won't be changing my oil till around spring break since I only put around 100 miles on it a week being in college.

In that case I will probably let you know. Lol I just bought an OE filter and will be changing oil in the next few weeks.;)

In that case I will probably let you know. Lol I just bought an OE filter and will be changing oil in the next few weeks.;)
I was going to say.. lol. Ya let me know, that would be great. Do you run Dino oil or the fancy schmancy stuff? I think I am going to start switching from Rotella triple T 15w/40 to their synthetic 5w/20 in the winter. I had a hard time getting it fired up while I was in CO over winter break.

Straight Rotella 15W/40 for me. And mine also does not like the cold. I just had a coolant heater placed in the lower radiator hose this week so I will see how much of a difference that makes in start up. Once mine gets warmed up everything is back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom