1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aftermarket master

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by rusmannx, Jun 10, 2003.

1. rusmannx

rusmannx

ccot offers a aftermarket brake master cylinder for several years and models. is anyone running with one of these?
    does anyone know if they are good/decent/junk/ or
    as good/not as good
    as the oem masters?

2. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr SILVER Star

I have attmepted to put two on my brothers '70 40. Both have been crap. The o-rings are not sealing good inside the cylinder. It seems to me there is a casting or boring flaw with the ones I have seem so far.

3. goschbrandon

goschbrandon

i installed (2) aftermarket m/c's from CCOT, and both were complete crap, after going through many quarts of brake fluid, i took the cruiser to a mechanic, who found the things to be worthless. however, the aftermarket m/c i got from SOR turned out to be fine, so....choose wisely, but the good news is that CCOT was really good about service, i got full refund, etc. etc...hope that helps

4. cruzer

cruzer

I bought one of the CCOT ones and it worked good for me...but i do know others who have had lots of trouble with them....i don't have many miles on mine yet...dam engine rebuild

Stew

5. Chef

Chef

I've used beck-arnley stuff several times, and it always comes aisin stuff on a beck box...

6. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Brakes are probably your most important safety feature. &nbsp:Do you really think you might want to skimp on this?

7. dd113

dd113

The CCOT MCs are about junk. I have gone through 4 with no luck. They leak, do not deal well on the inside or out and the caps are loose. NAPA has some good re mans for just a bit more

8. rusmannx

rusmannx

i see a napa reman for 43.00

Item#: TSM111722

is this what you are refering to? is it a good master?

9. axlechassis

axlechassis

Save yourself alot of trouble a buy OEM toyota parts for the master brake and clutch master and slave cylinders. They just last much longer than the other crap out there.
    Jay Marks toyota in Austin Tx seems to treat landcruiser owner the best of any dealers. Say that you're a TLCA member. :beer:

10. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

OEM toyota stuff is made by AISIN, so why not get it in a beck arnley box for a bunch less than a Toyota dealer?

11. axlechassis

axlechassis

Thats good to know.
    I meant that its worth it to pay the inflated toyota prices rather than use the rebuilt sh*t that is out there.