A343F transmission issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I have the A343F in my 90 series Prado and am having problems with my speed sensor.
The speedometer needle goes bizerk and the shifting then follows, I can feel the erratic up and down shifts.

Wanted to know where the speed sensor is located on the transmission and if it can be addressed without removing the whole unit.

Would appreciate help from others too as its the same transmission that comes in the 80 series.

Thanks,
Sam

The speed sensor is located at the side of the transmission and can be removed from underneath without taking the box out. It is a simple sensor that can be unscrewed. This is obviously sending the wrong signal to the ECU making for difficult shifts.

Would be best to sort it out fast before any damage is done to the box. Best of luck.

The speed sensor is located at the side of the transmission and can be removed from underneath without taking the box out. It is a simple sensor that can be unscrewed. This is obviously sending the wrong signal to the ECU making for difficult shifts.

Would be best to sort it out fast before any damage is done to the box. Best of luck.

Thanks BEAU, by simple you mean its simple enough to be a DIY job. Doesnt need any ECU programming or anything like that does it ?
Will removing the sensor lead to an oil leak (from where its taken out)

I presume, this is the sensor.
Sensor.jpg

Could a weak battery be a reason the speed sensor is messing around ?

No. When the engine runs all systems are fed by the alternator.
Unless there is a problem in your charge system.
Check for voltage at the battery.
12V at idle
13 - 14V at higher rpm's.

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom