Dexron III vs Toyota WS ATF transmission fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my 1KZ-TE 96 Prado, Big shout out to @buggyboy7 for sharing diesel fuel at the tow yard and to Phil @JDM Journeys for recommending inspection shop!

planing to change the transmission fluid tomorrow, i do have few bottles of Toyota WS ATF transmission fluid which left from my Toyota Corolla, i can't find an English maintenance manual for 96 diesel Prado online the only version i found seems like in Russian, i am using google translate and found out for my vehicle i should use Dexron III or equivalent in my transmission.

my question is ,is there a significant difference between Dexron III vs Toyota WS ATF? will use Toyota WS damage my transmission? also seems like power steering fluid is the same with transmission fluid? what kind of power steering fluid you guys all using?
cheers!
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 22.22.08.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 22.34.32.png

here is my Prado:cool:
20240314_121627.jpeg

1st drive through the rockies
20240315_105853.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got my 1KZ-TE 96 Prado, Big shout out to @buggyboy7 for sharing diesel fuel at the tow yard and to Phil @JDM Journeys for recommending inspection shop!

planing to change the transmission fluid tomorrow, i do have few bottles of Toyota WS ATF transmission fluid which left from my Toyota Corolla, i can't find an English maintenance manual for 96 diesel Prado online the only version i found seems like in Russian, i am using google translate and found out for my vehicle i should use Dexron III or equivalent in my transmission.

my question is ,is there a significant difference between Dexron III vs Toyota WS ATF? will use Toyota WS damage my transmission? also seems like power steering fluid is the same with transmission fluid? what kind of power steering fluid you guys all using?
cheers!
View attachment 3587507View attachment 3587508
here is my Prado:cool:
View attachment 3587510
1st drive through the rockies
View attachment 3587511
Dude it looks great! How's the 1kz running so far?

She is running strong. No issues so far. Transmission shifting smoothly.i just did a coolant flush today. Transmission and power steering fluid changes tomorrow.
If you ever want to do a timing belt and you're near Airdrie, let me know and we can knock it out in anl short afternoon, including time for beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom