A few pics from Uwharrie yesterday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Attached are some random shots from Uwharrie.

Sorry for only a week's notice. Wish there would have been more Cruisers out there.

Rode with 2 Discos for the day. Robad rode shotgun in my 40.

Awesome and fun as always but it was HOT! Reportedly the heat index was around 115 degrees. Not too bad in the shade but in the open, rocky areas in felt like the 7th level of Hades!

Hopefullyfully we can get out there as a group soon.

:cheers:
Andy
Mud2.jpg
Mud1.jpg
Mud4.jpg

A few More...

Get those Cruisers ready for some fall trail time!!! :beer:

Andy
Mud3.jpg
Mud6.jpg
Mud5.jpg

More Pics

Andy, the 40 was impressive! you made it look easy. Here's some pics, now I've got to go work on the Cruiser! Must be ready by end of season...... :D
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG

More

More Uwharrie pics.
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG

Last edited:
Man that 40 looks good Andy, nice pics for sure............ I feel for you guys out wheeling in that heat, I spent my day inside in the the nice cool A/C. I am definetly up for a trail ride once the temps find their way to around 70 degrees.

Good lookin 40 Andy!

Thanks for the positive words JP and Tad. You're not all that bad for Clemson guys... :flipoff2:

Hopefully you guys can get a group from UC to come ride at Uwharrie sometime this fall. It's certainly not Tellico but a good time all the same.

And yes, you two have to take your rigs on the trail!! :D

Sweet 40! We had a club run there a few years ago, nice 55 busted wind shield on that steep climb with trees. Hey, did ya see Junks j springs and L shocks?

Nice! Isn't that orange Disco someone from here?

informationjunky said:
Sweet 40! We had a club run there a few years ago, nice 55 busted wind shield on that steep climb with trees. Hey, did ya see Junks j springs and L shocks?

Yep, I saw that. I guess I still need to figure out how I want the 80 set up.

Was set on the medium lift until I saw your Cruiser at Tellico.

The part with your rig in the video Marshall made is awesome - pretty much what mine will end up looking like!!

macneill said:
Nice! Isn't that orange Disco someone from here?

Someone from here meaning Mud or your neck of the woods?

I really don't know the guy - met him on Sunday at the Outpost. Hooked up with the group from a post on Discoweb.

He lives in Raleigh and has only owned that Disco for a month. It is the G4 model with extra bells and whistles including CDL and Traction Control.

Nice Andy. You look like you are sitting up in a tree house in that thing! Awesome. I bet it was a totally differnt experience at URE in the 40.

I told you about the medium lift. If you kept an eye on the 80 section i posted up about the spring rates on the OME springs. Give her a search and you'll see what i was talking about. I think you can go taller and still have the same ride as the mediums. Just my 2cents.

cruiser4life said:
Someone from here meaning Mud or your neck of the woods?

I really don't know the guy - met him on Sunday at the Outpost. Hooked up with the group from a post on Discoweb.

He lives in Raleigh and has only owned that Disco for a month. It is the G4 model with extra bells and whistles including CDL and Traction Control.

Thought it was someone from mud. I thought I recognized that rig from his avatar. Guess I was wrong.

macneill said:
Thought it was someone from mud. I thought I recognized that rig from his avatar. Guess I was wrong.

I know who you are talking about, i think his mud name was flounder and he was from raleigh. He had an orange disco i think.

concretejungle said:
Nice Andy. You look like you are sitting up in a tree house in that thing! Awesome. I bet it was a totally differnt experience at URE in the 40.

I told you about the medium lift. If you kept an eye on the 80 section i posted up about the spring rates on the OME springs. Give her a search and you'll see what i was talking about. I think you can go taller and still have the same ride as the mediums. Just my 2cents.

Yep, I guess it's more like your experience with your 80 - not so worried about the perfect line, just point it and have fun! It certainly made URE different and the Heep crowd at Kodak didn't know what to think...

It's def more "up there" than my 80 on 31's and no lift. Changing soon!! :D

Yep, you've provided good info on the lift set up. I did see your thread too. The thread Romer started (link in your thread) has lots of good info as well.

Same spring rate, heavies are a tiny bit taller (20mm) and ride really isn't all that different. After seeing some 80's with the heavy set up on 35's at Tellico, my mind is almost made up.

Wish you could have made it. For once I could have followed your lines!! :D

Yeah, that's me or actually the wifes Orange G4. How did that thing do as a stocker....might have to swip the wifeys and make the trip next time.:D I'm a trader, two disco's and one 40

Nice 40 by the way!

flounder said:
Yeah, that's me or actually the wifes Orange G4. How did that thing do as a stocker....might have to swip the wifeys and make the trip next time.:D I'm a trader, two disco's and one 40

Nice 40 by the way!

So I'm confused. :confused:

Do you still have the G4 or did you sell it to the guy I rode with on Sunday?

It did well as a stocker. Like my 100 series, it has CDL and traction control which came in handy when one or two wheels were off the ground or slipping.

Also had rear air suspension which helped with clearance issues in tougher spots. Though that broke at the end of the ride...

Thanks for the compliment. The 40 kicked ass on the trail. Can't wait to go again.

My guess is he bought the other one at Land Rover Cary. I still have mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom