A few Death Valley pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DesertLake

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally got around to editing down the pics from our Death Valley trip back in March. Due to various circumstances mostly out of our control, the originally planned multi-day trip with two vehicles turned into one day in Death Valley with just my 80 and then off to see family.

We drove from Washoe to Lone pine, with some sightseeing near the June Lake loop and otherwise stuck to the highway.

Last edited:
Stayed the night at the Best Western, had breakfast, admired the cows, and headed for the park...

had planned to go out to Deadman Pass, but for some reason turned down toward Badwater instead, so we hit the usual tourist spots.

There were wildflowers, but all I can say about that is they were yellow.

And the cactus flowers were pink

And the rocks hadn't changed color since last time

Midday we drove off toward the Racetrack Playa.

Along the way we saw Ubehebe crater, which I had never heard of before...

so I got my wildflower pic:

then off to Teakettle junction

The joshua trees were blooming, and smelled a little like honeydew

and we saw a dead Ent

We spent the rest of our daylight at the Racetrack

From there we drove back out through Stovepipe then on to Trona (more washboard) and I fell asleep at the wheel somewhere around Ridgecrest and woke with Lisa driving in Bakersfield.

Someone moved my tea kettle!!! Those are great pics Will. I should figure out how to upload some of our pics from March.

Looks like a fun trip. You may need to lead on a trip to DV next year for the club. Not sure everyone knows what an Ent is.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom