97 Rear disc brake bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been a while since I've been on here, it will be interesting to see if I recognize anyone.
Gave my 80 to my son. He is broken down & I am not near him.
As far as I can tell, he has managed to bend the top eye of the right rear disc brake bracket. I'm not even sure if that's what it's called. I've never had put any thought into it, it's always just been the piece that the caliper attached to. I need to get him on the road as soon as I can. I have googled & mud searched, but I am at a loss. So...
- What the hell is this bracket called?
- If I remember correctly, it can be removed but I'm not sure.
- Has anyone else had this prob?
- I'm assuming it would be really hard to get it to spec, but could it be heated & bent back, and ride safely?
- How on earth could he have bent it?

Thank you in advance, and take it easy on me. Either this is very uncommon, or my search skills are currently horribly inept.
view

Backing plate. Looks like something got wedged up in there maybe?
Hey Beno!

I thought the backing plate was the piece just outside of the bracket that wrapped the rest of the way around.

Roger that. I was going off of memory, & was thinking those were 2 separate pieces.
Thanks Beno

Any idea where I can find one? Are you still in the biz?

Any idea where I can find one? Are you still in the biz?

It's available with 4 in the country. 1 at the LA depot and 3 at the Japan Warehouse in Ontario. It's going to be 3-4 days to procure.

I would try someplace like here: Buy OEM Toyota Parts | Toyota South Atlanta they should be able to get it to you and they have a MUD discount.

Talk with Gil or Kyle. @Sam Stewart is the fixed operations director there. Part number you need: 46503-60081 for the RH side.

Or you can always try to find one used here on MUD classifieds.

Guessing the caliper mounting bolt got loose/fell out. If the threads are just forked up, can he clean them up with a tap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom