Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x2

Hey! That Truck looks familiar!

Last edited:
^ sooooo getting jealous. I need to get out of the house again.

It's amazing how quickly 7 weeks went (even with an engine swap). We're ready to go again.

Just back today from a few days camping with my older son. He has his driver's permit, so this time I got to "relax" as the passenger for a lot of the trip :) The area is south of hwy 36 in northern california in the Trinity National Forest.

Bonus, a pair of radflo rear remote reservoir shocks arrived while we were away (close to 4 weeks from ordering them), so something fun to do tomorrow.

Anyhow, on with a few pics.

First stop at around 6000'. Beautiful weather. Tent is up and my son is getting things ready for cooking.

cp14a.jpg

Couple of days later (after moving camp) we did a bit more exploring. Found a clearing and a helipad.

cp14b.jpg

More exploring and an old forestry 'station'. Haven't seen anyone in a couple of days.

cp14d.jpg

While camped at a small mountain lake a forestry vehicle/ranger drove in and we chatted a bit and he told us of another nice camp area with a reasonable creek. So, this morning before heading back we did a bit more exploring to locate it. His instructions were a little 'fuzzy' (he stated he didn't remember the forestry road/numbers :) ) but we found the place with the help of our GPS running some topo map software.

cp14c.jpg

Was a great, though short trip. We've been in this area a few times, but we found several new places worth exploring and a nice place to camp next time.

cheers,
george.

Camped on a ridge with a view
IMG_9499.JPG

Camp site location, picture from a couple miles away and a 1000'+ higher.

Camp Arrow.JPG

Picture taken from a later in the day ridge run

IMG_9512.JPG

Last edited:
very cool!!!

Last edited:
Where was the 6th picture taken?

Thanks! I'll have to go find it now:clap:

Between east glacier and st mary off 89.

Wife and I did Yellowstone and want to do Glacier next. Any tips on where to stay or must sees? We will likely fly out and rent a car. I like to fish and see country not just road cruise.
After that I think we will do Tahoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom