75 steering knuckle arms contact shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all just finished power steering conversion on bj40 79, used 80 series box 75 rods and knuckles, but have found the knuckles arms contact the shock b4 it hits the stops . has anyone else had this , can they be reversed or do i have to re-position them
thanks

I had this when I went to 4x4 labs arms too. I cut the shock tab off the axle and moved it inboard about a 1/2" And rewelded it in place.

This would also a great time to install a marlin knuckle ball gusset kit.

IMG_6537_zpsehvndgxl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

in the photo you can see how the arm hits the bottom of the shock well before it gets to the stop.

It loos like Mano has a good idea. He has already done it and not run into issues so I would go that route.

What's it like to weld the cast housing or is it better to weld onto the 10 mm tab that has the shock mounting bolt in it
Sent from my phone somehow

I would just cut the existing tab off and move it. The axle tube is just steel and will not have issue with localized heat. Don't get carried away and it should be fine.

Thanks I thought it was all cast if that's the case it will be sweet. Can't wait for better turn circle again. Had trouble scrubbing old tre with the. 33s. Will be getting the old mig out again then . Thanks.
Sent from my phone somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom