74 FJ40 combination light wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The red light socket should have 2 wires, 1 for the tail light and 1 for the brake light.

both the Rear Chassis Females and the NEW OARNGE Gasket males that were on those Lamps did NOT need to be CUT off ? ?

- the rear lamps male ones , are 6.3mm Brass-Spring Tang style YAZAKI Terminals .....

- the Orange Gasket was a 1st gen attempt by YAZaki Called Splash proof .....

- those Crimp - Heat shrink Bullets above are NOT water or weather resistant in any way , and will become problematic in the short term sooner rather then later ....

- did you study my tail lamps thread and focus on ADDING the 5th white wire w/ black tracer stripe ?

- the update is simply just that , modern approach to fully polarize the gold lamp housings dedicated , now you will ONLY have the two 5mm macihine screws into a threaded or stgipped and subsiqenty bored out over drilled hole ..?

- these are your options below , THE LOCKING LATCHING 4 PIND HAVE no GROUND , you add stand alone home run and pop rivet .....

- the oval 6-pins , only use 5 bays of course

- the round 4 pins are the O-RING sealed MOTHER of all water proof connectors , but no ground still

- the Generation six 5-pin o-ring sealed are the HOLY GRAIL and will provide a lifetime of service ,
\
\- i will post in the order i outline above :

- study the below well , and you will realize why i say the above bullets are a un-wise path to choose ,, for your sons truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom