'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reefer-shipping-industry.jpg

Wow. That looks great!

Hey Paul get some 1200 paper and carefully rub back the mountain logo on the top tank. It should come up brass. Then satin clear in high temp paint.

Haha it's a faux cad plate 'upgrade'. Too many nice builds here on 'Mud so you gotta stay one step ahead.

Last weeks we (actually most credits go to my father and my uncle) did a lot of work.

We rebuilt the axles: We took it all apart, mounted new seals and bearings all around. And new paint of course.

We took the engie apart. We mounted a new camshaft (first cam was worn badly), we replaced all bearings (the old were only slightly worn but now we were in there...) the cilinders and pistons looked like new, we rebuilt the head (grinded valves), replaced the oil line to the head: the old one was worn because it laid against a pushrod. Built it all together and now it is waiting for black heat resistant paint.

We disassembled the springs, had them coated and built it all together.

We had the polyester of the roof repaired, made all new raingutters, rivited it to the roof with new aluminium 3 mm rivets.

The inside of the tub, the doors and hardtop sides are painted in color.

And today we mounted the axles with springs to the frame. Feels good to be building again. All that time we were dismantling the 40 and all we got were more parts and needed more and more space to store. Finally it is time to start builing and putting things together.

Not very nice pics (we packed things carefully so we don't scratch things) but you get the idea.

IMG_7335.JPG

IMG_7340.JPG
IMG_7341.JPG

Looks good Paul!

I was in Belguim last week. Hopefully one day I can make it up that way! Looks great.

Looking good Paul!

Question: should the rear step for a 62 be painted black or body color? the test from treeroot and the ads I found have no step but a pintle hook.

The pictures I did find have different combinations: black, body color, and even a body colored rear member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom