60 series....Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are taking to me, this is a knuckle kit. I jacked up the front and I have some play in my hub. This is the kit with the trunion bearings and all the seals. I will pull down one knuckle and see if the bearings are good.

It needs discs too.......I think I had a set of discs I sold @MScruiser when I was cleaning out a pile. I will stop by Auto Bone in the am and get a set of discs.

This truck makes me want to drink for sure. I was better off just driving it and not trying to clean it up.....its a hot mess........

Nope, no discs. You did sell me a set of front and rear pads though.

This job sucks. Probably could save an hour per side with 49 Cruisers' parts washer

IMG_8394.JPG

3 hours later

IMG_8395.JPG

My ADD all over the place once over FJ60 progress report

Added pads to the front. It needed them bad. Georg just posted up slotted roters. I'm gonna get some next time I need pads. My brake lines look bad as do the calipers but I don't want to go there yet.

Got my ricer tube to finish the snorkel. It was chrome finish so I had to paint it.

IMG_8413.JPG

IMG_8412.JPG

Went 1/2 @dnp on my wheels. I could do better but this is a truck that gets used and abused on backroads.
IMG_8409.JPG

IMG_8407.JPG

Lastly, I sanded the metal fill down to "good enough" and ordered some blue touch up paint.

IMG_8408.JPG

Off to see the Rebels play. Back on this project next week. Interior clean then the big job of polish and wax that I dread.

Last edited:
@wngrog looking good

I opted out/gave away tickets for tonight. You stay whole game and get back at 2 am .....exhausting!!

Trollhole suggested I may feel power loss with that much hose on the intake but I took it for a spin and I can't tell if I lost any of my 100 hp.

I spent 4 more hours on the interior.

I'll call it 90% Andy......70% 2 Bucket ready.

IMG_8493.JPG
IMG_8494.JPG

I love these stickers. The rear seat belts are weird. They have to run all the way in to run out. It's a crap design so they made a sticker.

IMG_8496.JPG

IMG_8497.JPG
IMG_8500.JPG

This truck is amazingly unmolested and complete

Keep an eye out for another air filter housing and I'll give modifying it a shot.

So then I got the interior completely finished and realized I have never looked under the seat covers to see what shape the stock seats were in.

IMG_8501.JPG

Oh man. The headrests looked great. And bam. Passenger seat is perfect.

IMG_8502.JPG

Drivers? Boo hiss. The fabric is 100% but the nylon is toast. I think I will research new foam and have Pedro refit this seat base with some new nylon.

Is that possible? Love the OEM fabric ........

IMG_8503.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG

Keep an eye out for another air filter housing and I'll give modifying it a shot.

I had one Cam gave me but I'm using it on Patina.

This contraption is for dust really. I don't plan on fording too many rivers in this but who knows.

Damn that thing is sweet. I'll trade you my 100 for it.....

Yeah, it will work as is but worth the effort to "clean it up" if you can find one cheap. I wonder how many I've thrown away?

Yeah no kidding........I have trashed so many Cruiser parts that I am KICKING myself for it now.

The time Greg drove it in the middle of the pack on the Cottonland gravel road run it took in a lot of dirt in the air cleaner. I think this will help.

Man, that interior looks GREAT! What I've got in mine looks good, but it's been replaced with some non-OEM cloth........which is, well, worthless to me. Your dash is also in excellent shape.

Great work!

High praise.......thank you.

I finally started in on the polish job after work today.

This job sucks. Totally worth the 3-400 a good polisher charges.

Thanks Lou for loaning me the orbital. Thanks @dnp for the kick in the ass to do this.

IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_8632.JPG
IMG_8671.JPG

The drivers side has not been done

Passenger side polished up very nicely. I'm polishing with Griots Yellow and then waxing after so I don't get lazy and not do it.

IMG_8672.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

Man, that interior looks GREAT! What I've got in mine looks good, but it's been replaced with some non-OEM cloth........which is, well, worthless to me. Your dash is also in excellent shape.

Great work!

I ordered a new ass pad and will take it to Pearl to have installed and the rear fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom