Registry 60-series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There has to be a good story behind that name :)
Aside from the John Wayne character, who IMO epitomizes the crusty old bastard role (much like a crusty old truck), not really. I bought it from a widow who's late husband used it to run back and forth to the feed store and take it fishing on weekends. As I understand it, he was a bit on the crusty side - typical old farmer type. She approved the name. :D

1. 1984 FJ60
2. David J.
3. Name of vehicle (optional)
4. 170K
5. Modifications: None yet, just bought the truck. Need to get her running first.
6. Will be a DD and weekend wheeler.
7. A single photo:

IMAG0011.jpg

Just picked this truck up from a member here. Some of you who are member of the FJCforum already know me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over here.

Found the truck I currently own from years back in time here!! This thing has been from Texas, to Toronto all the way to the west coast BC, pretty awesome!!!!

1. 84 FJ60
2. Name of owner -----Matthew Waring
3. Name of vehicle ----- Clifford
4. Mileage on the truck odometer ----180k
5. Modifications, if any----
-New Exhaust System
-New Brakes
-Alternator upgrade
-Shocks
-Tires
-Carpet
-Various little upgrades (sealing sunroof, new wipers, bulbs, tune up stuff)

* Next bundle of cash towards fixing oil leak/clutch rebuild!

6. How you use the truck - for adventures/DD - drove it across Canada last fall without any issues
7. A single photo – not very big, to save disk space

fj60.jpg

Have owned this Cruiser since 1993. Bought it with 112,000 km on the clock. It was owned, from new, by a grain farmer who lived just outside Moonie in Queensland, Australia. Look it up. :hmm:

1. 1989 HJ60 GXL Wagon
2. Bruce Mc
3. "The Cruiser"... of course.
4. 518,500 km
5. Where to start? ... Rear diff rebuilt (2015), 2H engine replaced by a 12HT (in 2014) plus air cond., alternator, starter and radiator birthdays, respray (2007), suspension rebuilt (2" lift)-and needed to revisit the front springs after the heavier engine was installed, gearbox rebuilt (2005, it was doing the box to txfer case oil pumping routine and eventually split in half), 2.5" sports exhaust and extractors for the 2H engine (2000) plus what it takes when a rig has travelled this far. Oh, and then there's the Kenwood sound system.
6. Road trips around Australia and occasionally, off-road trips. Then there are the 3 sons who need towing power to kart the reno and landscaping supplies.
P1210883a.jpg

OK. I’m finally getting around to it…

An informal registry for FJ60’s, BJ60’s, and HJ60’s of all types – yes. 61’s and 62’s included… This will be a sticky thread.

Rules of order – ONLY ONE post per vehicle – no comments on the thread or you will have me editing – which resembles work, to which I am averse.

What I would like you all to post… and please keep it brief, OK?

1. Year and model of vehicle
2. Name of owner
3. Name of vehicle (optional)
4. Mileage on the truck odometer
5. Modifications, if any
6. How you use the truck
7. A single photo – not very big, to save disk space

Be the first to register your truck

Mike S

86 HJ61 12 HT
Johnny B
The Beast
300000km
Daily driver, tow rig for other cruisers...
Tunes, lockers, poly bushings, wheels and Yokohama 31x10.50... Fat intercooler & JT turbo, OEM Toyota PTO winch...sweet Old cruiser

1426865189673.jpg

WP_20150506_16_32_59_Smart.jpg

WP_20150506_16_34_05_Smart.jpg

1988 FJ62
David S.
No nickname just yet.
179,xxx mi
None that I'm aware of.
Purchased mainly because the wife fell in love with it. She wants something with more room than the Jeep, that will still be off-road capable.

1. 5/1985 FJ60
2. ghodges
3. (Working on it.)
4. 162,000
5. 3 Bumper stickers (TFO Fly Rods, REI, "Eschew Obfuscation")
6. Daily Driver, Camping, Getting Out

I've been a lurking Mud member for about 10 years. I finally took the plunge and picked up a decent truck for a good price. I've got an internship for the next 3 months so the truck will see a bit of highway driving this summer, but I would like to get back to bike commuting as soon as possible.

1. 88 Fj62
2. Me
3. The ugly car ( my kids named it )
4. 234,000
5. OME lift, new brakes, new exhaust, 33 x 10.5 AT's, 15 x 8 wheels, new leather seats, h55f, window tint.
6. Weekend driver, camping.

I'm not a mechanic but the help that I have received here on the mud has been awesome and George at Hybrid, thank you all. You guys have helped me through some mechanical issues that could have been costly.

Last edited:
IMG_4694.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
1. 1988 FJ62
2. Name of owner -Christian
3. Name of vehicle - Bozo
4. Mileage on the truck odometer ----Just turned over 107k
5. Modifications-
-Newish paint job (PO)
-headunit (PO)
-Very light tint.. just enough to keep interior in good condition... i personally love the fishbowl look but i'd like to preserve the seats
- Flowmaster Catback (soon)
-Used OEM mud flaps thanks @cruisermatt !!

IF ANYONE knows someone in the NY area that specialized in these's beauty's please let me know.

Last edited:
1. 1988 FJ62
2. Name of owner -Christian
3. Name of vehicle - Bozo
4. Mileage on the truck odometer ----Just turned over 107k
5. Modifications-
-Newish paint job (PO)
-headunit (PO)
-SOR Dash Cover (on the way)
-Climair Window Deflectors- smoke grey (on the way)
-Cruiser Corps All Weather Mats
-Universal Rear Mat
-Broadway Mirror (OEM is to tiny!)
-Very light tint.. just enough to keep interior in good condition... i personally love the fishbowl look but i'd like to preserve the seats
- Magnaflow/Flowmaster muffler Catback exhaust (soon)
-Used OEM mud flaps thanks @cruisermatt !!

Picked it up in VA and drove it all the way to Manhattan WITHOUT PLATES. PO has custom-vanity plates and wanted to keep it for his new '15 tundra lol. Made it fine though.. thanks to all the truckers i was purposely blocking :)

Getting the Smog done on Tuesday so i can register it. Then i'd like to take it to a mechanic to do spark plugs, all new belts, oil change (has a ticking noise), ALL fluids flushed, and any other suggestions you guys may have?

IF ANYONE knows someone in the NY area that specialized in these's beauty's please let me know.

View attachment 1081971 View attachment 1081972 View attachment 1081971 View attachment 1081972

Very nice cruiser man! I like

I've been hanging out in our local clubhouse (Cottonland Cruisers), but figured it was time to introduce myself and the 60 to the larger crowd:

1. 1987 FJ60
2. Patrick
3. Haven't settled on a name yet
4. Just rolled 114K on the stock 2F
5. Since purchasing it in February: OME Suspension Lift and Shocks; 33 * 10.5 BFG KM2s (Lots of deferred maintenance - Knuckle job, new muffler, new tie rod ends, new stereo, new fan clutch and I'm about to put in new radiator and t-stat this weekend).
6. Fun vehicle for driving around town and camping.

May 2015 313.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom