6 to 1 exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been having problems with my OEM exhaust manifold and looking to upgrade. Im wondering if the man-a-fre 6 into 1 exhaust headers are a good investment. Anybody have any insight on upgrades?

Man-a-fee. Headers

Get the Man-a--fre headers . I got mine about 14 years ago. I notice a small bump power and gas mileage. However that power bump is long since gone due on of the other things I weighted my truck down with. I say if I had to grade the headers for how much power they put out I would say in the neighborhood of 15-20 horsepower.
I'm in the process of doing a V8 conversion. Here's the link to 2f engine ad with pictures so you can se how they hold up over the years. ander42b

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/723792-2f-engine-accessories-tranny.html

Note that if you live in an area that it normally gets colder in the winter months you will need to get a heat riser installed to take the place of the heat riser that is in the stock manifold. You could always talk to Jason and see if he has anything at CruiserYard....

These headers are better:

TriY-Header.jpg

Listed on the specials page: http://www.marksoffroad.net/1specials/1specials.html

Thicker flange. No grinding to make the bolts go. Best on the market, same as what Downey used to sell.

marksoffroad.net 818.953.9230 Tell him Spike sent ya so he knows you're not just shopping.

Pictured are chrome - used to be avail ceramic, but not sure if that's still the case. Also has smog-legal version if you need it that way.

If I could put them on my Kalif FJ60, I'd do so in a heartbeat. I've got a cermaic set in the garage waiting to go on the 40 ...

I would love headers but with it getting into the single digits in the winter here I am leery of installing them and then having to install a heat riser. I am already running off of BVSV2 (warming phase on start up is rough) so making it rougher would not be ideal.

Im running Man-a-fre headers, noticed an instant bump in power, that coupled with the desmog and it feels much lighter on its feet. Got more punch in the bottom to mid range too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom