45swb project - 2short (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After all that arm has done for you, your going to talk to it like that? The only reason why its in such bad shape is cause it worked so hard for ya.

Huh? who mentioned steel buildings? :rolleyes:

Where's the mods

All four rims are sandblasted and powder coated. They are pretty well shot, but they are round so they'll do for this phase of the build.

Hood is clean inside and out. Doors are clean on the outside. Found a patch on one door to cut out and re-do.

Power steering pump is mounted. Gotta buy the adapters to go from 1999 Vortec pump and hydroboost to 1970s Scout box.
rims.JPG

If you find the parts, I may be making a run to South East Iowa in July. I should have some room in the bed of the F 450 or on the 24' goose neck under my rig.

Looking for some parts.

I'm hoping to grab Whitey's spare top so I can put the hard top back on.

The axles I was going to put on are SOA and cut and turned. I'm thinking about going SUA for this one. Need a set of SUA axles with a big knuckle disc front.

Need a set of fenders

Need some w/s hinges and dash latches.

Need a decent hood, preferably a split hood.

and probably whole lot more

Gumby,

Dan and I live about 4 hours from each other,I m sure we can figure something out, The top is sitting here with your name on it !!

Lemme know if you need a hand before PYS. My 4runner has been ready for weeks, im so bored I made a garage ash tray out of a 4.10 9.5" Ring gear, fzj80 short side rear axle shaft, and a side gear.... and I dont even smoke.

I'll have the sealer done this afternoon, then I need to reassemble it.

edit - reassembled.

Put in the rear windows, mostly.

Tried to put in the w/s but the gasket is toast.

It's all buttoned up good enough to sit outside with a tarp, or, hopefully, ba able to spend the summer in the shop while I work on the LV at my house.
2011-06-07_17-29-43_709.jpg
2011-06-07_17-30-26_738.jpg
2011-06-07_17-30-51_857.jpg

Last edited:
Tore the front clip off.

Started installing the hydro-boost.

tore the front axle down in preparation for swapping the stuff over to a much better axle housing.

All the hardware spent the day in the tumbler.

Gotta give Kurt a call and get a front end kit coming.

Sandblasted and powdercoated both knuckle assemblies.
pcoatparts1.jpg
pcoatparts2.jpg

Gumby, do you still need the roof cap, I will be at surf and turf,I can bring it down if there is any networking out your way, coming to s&t

I do still need the roof cap. I've been trying to think who is driving to S&T from the midwest and I can't think of anybody.

I sure would like to go myself, but it's during the school year.

woody isn't going?

I do still need the roof cap. I've been trying to think who is driving to S&T from the midwest and I can't think of anybody.

I sure would like to go myself, but it's during the school year.

woody isn't going?

Woody is coming to SnT but only bringing the Razin and leaving the Raison at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom