3rd gen 4runner radiator in a KZJ95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a mishap on my way to work driving up a really steep mountain. My radiator in my 95 series blew a hole. Fortunately it is not a head gasket. I am in the U.S. and I am wondering if I could use a 3rd gen 4runner radiator as a replacement in my KZJ95. I really wouldn't want to have to get one custom made or order from overseas for the sake of time. Has this happened to anyone in the states?

Had a mishap on my way to work driving up a really steep mountain. My radiator in my 95 series blew a hole. Fortunately it is not a head gasket. I am in the U.S. and I am wondering if I could use a 3rd gen 4runner radiator as a replacement in my KZJ95. I really wouldn't want to have to get one custom made or order from overseas for the sake of time. Has this happened to anyone in the states?
Yes,(sort of). They do bolt in the same, but the hose connections are on opposite sides. You will have to do your own custom hoses. I'm working on adding a Koyo to my Prado, the all Aluminum one.

Yes,(sort of). They do bolt in the same, but the hose connections are on opposite sides. You will have to do your own custom hoses. I'm working on adding a Koyo to my Prado, the all Aluminum one.
You are the goat. I have been unable to find an oem radiator and dreaded purchasing a Chinese aftermarket one. I was able to find a Denso 4Runner one for 150. Made in Taiwan but quality looks great. Just got it bolted up today! Gonna go to parts shop tomorrow and get new hoses. Thank you for this information.

yep just did the denso in my 90 series. fits like a glove with the 2.7L

You are the goat. I have been unable to find an oem radiator and dreaded purchasing a Chinese aftermarket one. I was able to find a Denso 4Runner one for 150. Made in Taiwan but quality looks great. Just got it bolted up today! Gonna go to parts shop tomorrow and get new hoses. Thank you for this information.
This is the Aluminum Koyo installed.

20231110_085305.jpg

20231110_085824.jpg

20231110_090002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom