3FE radiator replacement....Liland 1469AA2R ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read a bunch of the threads regarding radiator replacement options for the 3FE as the OEM radiator is no longer available. I am leaning towards the Liland 1469AA2R as it appears to be a direct bolt in for the 1991 - 1992 FJ 80's (mine is a 1991 with 346K on it). The current one is an unknown age and make...the only thing obvious about it is it's aluminum, appears to be a direct bolt in and is full of rust colored sludge. I will be replacing all of the associated cooling hoses and I have already deleted the rear heater via a new heater valve and replacing the factory T's with Gates hoses. I will also be flushing the block to get out as many contaminents and sludge crap as possible. All that being said, who here has first hand knowledge using the Liland radiator with a 3FE in an early FJ 80 ? Not interested in " my cousin Barney knows a fella' who knows a guy whose dating a stripper whose ex husband said that it's da bomb " stories. Appreciate the help.

I have used Ron Davis, CSF, Cheap ebay alum. and Liland. I would go with Liland again.

20231022_125452.jpg

I have used Ron Davis, CSF, Cheap ebay alum. and Liland. I would go with Liland again.

View attachment 3530615
I appreciate the feedback. I have used Ron Davis and Griffin radiators in the past and had great success with them. Is that a Derale electric fan setup that you are using and how has it performed ? Currently debating using an electric fan over the stock setup.

Yes, that was my dual electric fan setup with PWM controller. Just did a 1000 miles round trip over the break and it performs very well. The ability to adjust fan speed is a plus and my avg. temp on the highway is below 180F... (need to dial up the temp. a bit) The reasons i went with an elec. fan setup was because i kept blowing radiators with the manual fan clutch due to aftermarket alum. radiator being thicker than factory unit. This would normally not affect normal users or "Overlanders" but a handful of Rubicon trips and Fordyce creek trail, ended up with 2 broken radiators, fans and fan shrouds. (Yes, my engine mounts and tranny mounts were in great shape when that happened) The elec. fan setup is my attempt for a "fix" and so far they have been great and i am impressed by its performance so far.
cheers.
IMG_8281.JPG
IMG_7853.jpg

ML

I think I cracked my radiator by getting the mix wrong with too much distilled water (had to top it off in the parking lot). Had a hard freeze here. Not sure what's on it, but it's aluminium.

I'd like to point out that Liland also makes a 3 row radiator, the 1469AA3R.

Marco, I'm a little curious if you have the 2 row or the 3 row. Is even the 2 row thicker than OEM?

My aluminium radiator doesn't take the OEM radiator caps, so will be nice to get back to those.

I suspect the 2 row will be plenty for me.

im going to try the 2 row Liland + rear heat delete.

have crack in top part of aftermarket radiator

i think prior owner had it glued together :confused:

IMG_2954.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom