2h alternator a/c compressor adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this in the 60 section but can't get a response. I am trying to tension the fan belt on my 2h. I haven't got this on the road yet so I don't know that I do or do not have all the parts needed.

The alternator just doesn't seem to have the right alignment and brackets to tighten. The tab on top of the alternator goes past the bracket I thought it was supposed to bolt too before the belt is even tensioned (it is def the right belt I double checked part numbers). And if I push the alternator back towards the motor so the bolt tab lines up with the bracket channel, I only have 5-10mm of movement which isn't right either.

Am I missing parts from the adjustment mechanism?

Can someone post up a pic of what it is supposed to look like. I have a bunch if spare parts so the extra brackets (if any) might be in the box. It also has some air con bracketry (no compressor) so that might be effecting it too.
image-1335806993.jpg
image-3607537234.jpg
image-487032992.jpg

Here are 2 pics from before my rebuild. You can see the alt and a/c compressor. the belts are not tight there.
I think your belt is too long.
cheers,
jan
alt1.jpg
alt 2.jpg

Oi! I already posted in the 60 department, but here it is again:)
No pics, but in this video of mine you can see the original bracket.

Thanks Jan and methusalem.

But... Jan - there is no way my alternator will move that close to the engine - it physically hits the engine before it even gets close to were yours is bolted to that bracket. My belt is the right part number for my truck so should be the right length

Meth... Yours uses the older style of alternator bracket so is not the same as mine.

Anyone got another pic closer to the alternator of the bracketry?

It looks like the bottom alternator mount is different than Jan's. His mounts a little lower and to the right of yours.

You have the wrong alternator. Notice in jans photos that the top tab on the alternator is not 180 from the bottom mount. On yours it appears to be 180. Alternator mounts appear to be the same to me.

Well I don't know what the reason is for my alternator not tensioning properly, but I made a little bracket up today that bypasses the problem! Works well too :)
image-1221171578.jpg
image-1446950388.jpg

Haha! Smart solution, man!:):clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom