2F fuel pump psi...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the max PSI that stock(or similar aftermarket) mechanical fuel pumps usually put out? I know you can install a gauge and monitor it/regulator and control it but curious what fellow 2F users have found. The webber carb calls for 3.5 psi. The back story is having trouble getting my 2F to pass DEQ/emissions and wondering if high or inconsistent fuel PSI causing me problems in tuning an otherwise perfectly running 2F. It's a rebuilt high output(pistons, cam, headers, webber....) 2F that is running rich and can't get the emission numbers to stay low. It does have a catalytic converter. Ideas? Thanks for reading...:wrench:

4psi is typical.

How will a desmogged truck pass emission testing?

Emission requirements for the State of Oregon were pretty low in that time frame. Truck was probably originally set up to pass tougher Cali emission requirements.

Rookie, I doubt it is the pump pressure causing you this problem. You do not say whatt steps you have taken to pass DEQ. I would suspect it is your weber jetting that is causing the problem. Hit JohnnyC's weber tech thread in FAQ for a baseline. Hope it helps, great thread.

a '76 with a cat?

I'm gonna go through the provided thread before I ask much more:)Thanks for info! The truck is totally desmogged compared to factory but it does have a magnaflow cat. in it now. I'm a little concerned it may have been damaged by high emissions that went into it but not sure how to tell.? ideas? Oregon just does a total emissions tail pipe test on this rig. Obviously it failed on the "gross polluter" side of things first.:whoops: Then some tuning and a cat. was installed but still can't get the numbers to stay low or more strangely consistent.:meh: Have been getting some professional help but they are busy on other projects and little stumped on this one so far. New carb VS rebuild seems to be next...Valve job was done but I'm not sure it was needed. Never hurts to check I guess. Thanks for reading...:wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom