295/75/r16 Cheap Snow Chains (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I live on top of a mountain with some really steep roads. I need some snow chains so I can get out to places. Please let me know what kinds/brands you suggest and the cheapest place to purchase them (include links if possible). My max budget is 100$ per set but I would like to stay around 75$ a set. I will not use them often so I don't need the best but I want them in my recovery bag. No I am not willing to make my own and I want size specific. Thanks in advanced! Oh and I already read all the other threads on them but they were more about advice on weather to run chains or where to run chains. I FOR SURE NEED THEM. Don't tell me you've lived in Colorado for 50 years and have never needed them.... The roads here are very very steep so I am set on buying 4 of them.

I saw them in that size at Walmart for $75

Watch craigslist. I just picked up a set for $50. They work great.

tirechains.com Bought several sets over past 10 years, quality good as anyone, best prices I've seen. Don't expect anyone to answer phone or emails, but chains will appear.

I need help picking them out.
Here is the link for all the options I have:
295-75R-16 Tire Chains

I am stuck between the 5.5mmSquareStraight Link and the Heavy Truck
with cams
7.14mm cross chain
$94.76

I would go boron alloy but I cannot afford those. I am thinking that I want the heavy 7.14mm more but am worried about clearance when I am flexing because I may end up using them in mud if I need them. Should I just go with the 5.5mm to be safe? My tire specs are 33.4 inches tall 11.6 inches wide. I have a 2 inch heavy lift but it lifted me about 2.5 inches give or take. I have plenty of room to fully stuff under full flex without chains of course. Also my tires are toyo open county AT2 extremes. The extreme version has deeper lugs and more aggressive side walls but I am hoping because it is still an all terrain I will not have to buy their deep lug aggressive tread or sidewall chains because I cannot afford them. Please give me all the input you can because like I said I want the heavy duty ones but the clearance is what is in question. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom