2017 Lexus LX570 ATF Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do have all of the resources to read through and appreciate the input!

From the service manual that seems to be the only valid way to do a proper fill level with our electronic thermostat valve.
The procedure is a bit complex for operating temp fluid level and that is very interesting that you report the RPM fluctuates.
Ive got TS and will be adjusting my plan according to this and start off with excess fluid.

Also, while im not so sure its the same as the 2016 jerk TSB I do have a slight bump during 1-2 shift.
Ive got the 17 as well and have been wondering if a flush would help. My vehicle does not have the TSB update sticker for the transmission computer.
Have you heard of this? Maybe that can solve it or perhaps our slight bump is indeed the "solved" issue.
Or perhaps the transmission fill procedure is part of the problem? :)

If anyone reading has had that update done please let me know your experience before/after.
I don't want to get rid of the bump and gain some other odd behavior instead.

View attachment 2819400

Full bulletin attached.
I do have all of the resources to read through and appreciate the input!

From the service manual that seems to be the only valid way to do a proper fill level with our electronic thermostat valve.
The procedure is a bit complex for operating temp fluid level and that is very interesting that you report the RPM fluctuates.
Ive got TS and will be adjusting my plan according to this and start off with excess fluid.

Also, while im not so sure its the same as the 2016 jerk TSB I do have a slight bump during 1-2 shift.
Ive got the 17 as well and have been wondering if a flush would help. My vehicle does not have the TSB update sticker for the transmission computer.
Have you heard of this? Maybe that can solve it or perhaps our slight bump is indeed the "solved" issue.
Or perhaps the transmission fill procedure is part of the problem? :)

If anyone reading has had that update done please let me know your experience before/after.
I don't want to get rid of the bump and gain some other odd behavior instead.

View attachment 2819400

Full bulletin attached.
So I performed 4 drop and drains on my wife’s 2016 570 with Amsoil about 7k miles ago... aprox 14 qts in total. Took me an hour. The switch to Amsoil definitely helped the 1-2 shift but i could still feel the bump. I then took it to Lexus and had them do the reflash and it now shifts perfectly.

So I performed 4 drop and drains on my wife’s 2016 570 with Amsoil about 7k miles ago... aprox 14 qts in total. Took me an hour. The switch to Amsoil definitely helped the 1-2 shift but i could still feel the bump. I then took it to Lexus and had them do the reflash and it now shifts perfectly.

Thanks for this!

It didn’t make the shift slower or anything negative either? Hopefully was just a bug in shift point map or whatever?

Thanks for this!

It didn’t make the shift slower or anything negative either? Hopefully was just a bug in shift point map or whatever?
I have not seen any downside. It takes a couple hundred miles to re-learn your driving habits.

I followed OP's instructions and had zero issues. Great tutorial! At 55k miles, it was definitely in need of changing.

How did you get fluid level set? Did you do this on ground or on lift?

BTW those filings were probably there from new - 5k miles. Totally normal.

How did you get fluid level set? Did you do this on ground or on lift?

BTW those filings were probably there from new - 5k miles. Totally normal.
I used the OBD2 terminals jumping method. I just set the height to High and did it on my back on the ground with cardboard. Worked well.

Thread resurrection but could you suck the transmission fluid out of the lines with a MityVac or something similar instead of starting the truck and pumping it out?

Not enough suction I bet to get much out. The transmission is really a big pump, let it do the work for you. I can do a full flush on one of these in 20-30 minutes now that I’ve done it a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom