2016 LCLC Event Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Threads
January 9th – HAMOM at David’s Garage.

February 6th - HAMOM at David's Garage.

February 27th – Gulches Day Trip with ONSC

March 12th – Mini-HAMOM and Barbecue (Location TBD – Matt or Greg’s)

April 23rd – LCLC Low Country Boil at Hunting Island. This will be organized by David Benke.

May 1 – 6th – ONSC Spring Tide Ride, Outer Banks, NC

May 16 – 21st – GSMTR at Windrock Park, Oliver Springs, TN

May 28th – LCLC HAMOM at David’s Garage

June 3 – 5th – LCLC Hurricane Creek Trip. Event to be organized and led by Tim Long.

July 8 – 10th – LCLC Richland Road Trip. Event to be organized and led by Eric Forrest.

August 11 – 14th – Upstate Cruiser’s Over the Mountain Tour

August 20th – HAMOM at David Benke’s Garage

September 15 – 18th ONSC Logan’s Run Uwharrie, NC

October 1st – Mini HAMOM and Barbecue at Matt or Greg’s

October TBD - Upstate Cruiser's Black Balsam Trip, Black Balsam Knob, NC

November 10 – 13th – ONSC Portsmouth Island, Outer Banks, NC

November 19th – HAMOM at David Benke’s Garage

December 2 – 4th - ONSC Christmas Party, Uwharrie, NC

December 11th – Mt Pleasant Christmas Parade (Tentative date)

Last edited:
These dates have been added to the website calendar.

These dates have been added to the website calendar.
If you want to import the club calendar to your gmail calendar, go to the calendar on the club website. At the bottom, you'll see this icon:
google calendar snip.JPG

Clicking this will take you to your personal google calendar (it's there if you have a gmail account). In the left hand bar, you'll see a drop down for your calendar and "other calendar", click the drop down and choose icic843@gmail.com. All club events that Matt updates will be there. This way, if you want to sleep-in on a Saturday, you won't be able to say "I didn't know we had a HAMOM" (using my sarcastic feminine voice). Thanks Matt for updating the calendar.

Thanks for throwing that out there Tim! Tim and I have verified that this is a live version of the calendar. Great find Tim!

Last edited:
To add the calendar to your Gmail account/calendar use the following steps. Or you can create a gmail account and then do the following.

1. Go to www.lowcountrylandcruisers.com/calendar
2. At the bottom of the calendar window click "Add Calendar"
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1452606563.369094.jpg

3. Sign into gmail if you have not already.
4. Click "Yes add the calendar lclc843@gmail.com"
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1452606658.630262.jpg

The Live Syncing Low Country Land Cruiser calendar should now be part of your gmail calendar.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Is it time to sign up for the Christmas Parade yet??

Yes, but when I looked at the form, it gave a 2 vehicle limit. Do you recall who you spoke with last year?

No, but she is the parade organizer...they give us "six to eight" vehicles since we are a "car" club

There is a space #8 on the registration form for special requests.
I'll go to the meeting on Nov. 15th, if someone wants to come, that's fine too.
Go ahead and submit the form now to events@tomp.com.
Sue McManus was the event coordinator for years, but last year, it was someone else.

Sue McManus was the event coordinator for years, but last year, it was someone else.
I'll be out of town on 11/15, but ask to round up last years # up by 2-3. If not, we can live with 8. We can cross that bridge when we get there, but if we are capped at 8, I would say lets get the most diverse and mod'd trucks to represent the LC line. This would exclude mine, but I"m fine with that.

Okay, I'm going to have to use all of your information since you live in Mt Pleasant... Technically we don't have an address, but being the president, I think your house will satisfy their requirements.

Hey, @CharlestonG8R, you want me to fill it out and hand deliver it?
I don't mind.
Yes,I used my address last year.

That would be very cool if you don't mind? I'll check in at the end of the week - I rarely get out to MtP these days. I feel odd submitting a form with all of your info on it.

I'll get it in this week

We do have plenty time at the parade. But we can talk about ideas before hand.

We do have plenty time at the parade. But we can talk about ideas before hand.
Very true. Do y'all have any ideas for next year? Different club events? We can talk in person, but I'd certainly like to talk about what worked and what didn't work this year.

My thoughts on club activities:
  • HAMOMs, wrenching and learning is what most of us really enjoy. I don't want to burn David out, so as long as he is fine with it, or we can occasionally do it somewhere else, if that's even an option.
  • Christmas parade, yes
  • Mild off-roading, e.g., Hurricane Creek & Richmond Road. I would guess half of the club have a stock suspension they don't want to take to Uwharrie, but would be perfect for mild off-roading or expedition style runs. So I'm surprised we had a light turnout for HC and RR was cancelled.
  • Big wheeling trips in NC/TN. Absolutely, but if there are mild trails for stock trucks, maybe (I could be wrong) highlight this so those with stock rigs could be included.
  • Pub crawls (local breweries), similar to what we did at Ghost Monkey & Two Blokes. These may not necessarily be calendar items, rather impromptu, they can be fun.
  • Camp-outs, e.g., Hunting Island. Great family activity, but should be close enough where some people can attend as a day trip without camping overnight.
  • Club fundraisers, do we need them?
Whether its the HAMOM or Christmas parade, we need to make sure we have a large turnout since feedback is critical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom