2015 Cruise Moab Kokopelli Expedition Team Member Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say we are very happy to be sponsoring the Kokopelli Expedition this year and if you aren't already registered, sign up NOW! Stan will be leading an awesome journey and we'll be giving subscriptions, copies of the magazine, and other gear to everyone who signs up. Plus, who doesn't want to be on such a fun trip in beautiful scenery? :)

So I'm stalking up on GoPro mounts how many will I need and what do you guys recommend.

I mostly use the suction cup mount and the roll bar mount. I'll have 2 GoPro's and a ton of mounts with me and you're free to try a few.
I'm not sure how much time you have with the GoPro, but it's a good idea to try a few mounting configurations on your vehicle to see what produces the best video/view. I wasted a lot of video time thinking I was getting a cool shot when I really wasn't. I think it's important to capture a little of the vehicle in the shot so you get a perspective of what's really around.

I shot all of this (including the timelapse) with a GoPro Hero 3+Black Edition. I'm hoping someone has the new GoPro HERO 4... it sounds pretty amazing.

I mostly use the suction cup mount and the roll bar mount. I'll have 2 GoPro's and a ton of mounts with me and you're free to try a few.
I'm not sure how much time you have with the GoPro, but it's a good idea to try a few mounting configurations on your vehicle to see what produces the best video/view. I wasted a lot of video time thinking I was getting a cool shot when I really wasn't. I think it's important to capture a little of the vehicle in the shot so you get a perspective of what's really around.

I shot all of this (including the timelapse) with a GoPro Hero 3+Black Edition. I'm hoping someone has the new GoPro HERO 4... it sounds pretty amazing.

Just want to say I Needed That Up lifting Summer Oray video on this cold winter Wyoming day
Thank you!

We should start to discuss the Tuesday Night Pot Luck. I have started a list at the bottom of the first post. Please post up if you're planning on bringing something for the group to share. This has been pretty successful in the past and makes for a fun first night at camp.

I'll be making Pork/Chicken Green Chile with all the extras (Chips, tortillas, cheese, sour cream)

IMG_1955 - Copy.JPG
Hi Guys,
This is Don Larson from a bit east of Sacramento -- Rescue, CA. This will be my third CM, and first run of the Kokopelli Trail. I rode with Cliff on CM13 and soon after bought my 1995 80-series. I ran with Cliff and Vince last year on The Swell Overnighter/Poison Spider/Hell's Revenge. My buddy, Alan, will again be my co-pilot. I have been trained in Wilderness First Aid and CPR, although neither cert is current.

I am really looking forward to this run!

Great looking 80 Don. Love the flares, do not see that style very often, we'll have to talk about those at camp.You will have a great time on the Kokopelli. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

We should start to discuss the Tuesday Night Pot Luck. I have started a list at the bottom of the first post. Please post up if you're planning on bringing something for the group to share. This has been pretty successful in the past and makes for a fun first night at camp.

I'll be making Pork/Chicken Green Chile with all the extras (Chips, tortillas, cheese, sour cream)
Can I hit the easy button and say Cheese, Cracker and Summer sausage.

Re: Tuesday Night Potluck, I was thinking of Bison Sliders, along with cheese and condiments. I know the City Market in GJ carries the ground bison. I'm hoping I can also source the small buns there, too. Stan, as we get closer, we ought to get a headcount for food purposes. As mentioned in my intro, I will have my friend Alan along as co-pilot. So, that's two for my rig.

Don, I would cover some of the cost of Bison plus other stuff if you would like. I was going to bring some kind of Summer sausage made out of deer, elk or moose I just have to get busy and make it.
Vince.

Re: Tuesday Night Potluck, I was thinking of Bison Sliders, along with cheese and condiments. I know the City Market in GJ carries the ground bison. I'm hoping I can also source the small buns there, too. Stan, as we get closer, we ought to get a headcount for food purposes. As mentioned in my intro, I will have my friend Alan along as co-pilot. So, that's two for my rig.

Expect 25-30 people. Remember that there is no place to toss trash on Tuesday (Except for in your Trasharoo or trashbag) If each person brings food for 25, we will have enormous amounts of left overs. As long as we can pack things back up there should be no issues. The last two years we had enough food to feed 100. More is always better than less, so I'd like to designate a few people who are interested in bringing main dishes and the rest can bring snacks, sides, deserts. Big Country will prepare a few smoked pork shoulders that are great. I'll bring enough Pork Green Chile to feed everyone as well. Another main dish or two, sliders, summer sausage, cheese, your favorite hometown brewery ale, finger foods, sides..... all great ideas.

Hi guys,

(For my fellow 80 drivers). I was thinking of bringing my Speski Offroad Cargo Barrier to sell once we got to Moab. But, I thought I'd put it out to this group first. It mounts where the rear passenger grab handles would otherwise be (simple, just 4 cap screws). Full specs & pics are on the Gamiviti.com site. It lists for $340 new. I don't have a dog, and I tie all gear down nice and low, so I simply don't use it. Asking $250/obo.

Regards,

Don

Hi my name is spencer, I was lucky enough to get into this trail ride a little bit late. I am 19 and have a 1970 FJ40, I saved up for my cruiser for 11 years slowly putting money away here and there. The last 6 months of my life have been completely taken up by working and learning, I consider myself a novice but I'm a quick learner and have some experience. The only thing I am worried about is the dust, I don't have a snorkel..should I make it a priority to get one of those dust covers for my air filter? Looking forward to learning a lot over this trip and meeting some new friends

image.jpg

Spencer, starting out with a clean air filter properly sealed in its housing should be all you need. For my 80 ill carry a extra filter to change out in Moab. By the time I was 24 I had owned five FJ40s they can take a constant beating just slow-down!

Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom