2010 Tundra 5.7 RCSB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got an upgrade to winter fleet. Love the 4.7 LB but not being 4WD last winter frustrated me big time. So been looking.
Missed out on a cherry mint 2009 Tundra RCSB by about 2 hrs. Then found this one in Burnaby. It’s been to a few battles,
so cosmetic damage aside it’s fairly solid. Bigger 5.7 with 6 spd. Mileage will suffer somewhat. It’s a base model, meaning
Black out trim. Bumpers grill and interior. I like it. Manual window cranks!! Interior is actually really well taken care of.
Crazy fast and let’s just say quick run thru Burnaby Lakes last night would have had it seized I expect, but it’s so damned fast doubt they’d have caught up either. HaHa! Lots of new stuff. Got old set of wheels. Needs tires. But maintenance is solid and so is the undercarriage.
EDC1E35B-2B6B-4BAC-93B5-8D661B4B267C.jpeg
756D2E57-CA9F-458A-8545-BB92F494BDB2.jpeg
DA090174-31EE-42D7-A929-8DBA47672A40.jpeg
925120E5-ABC2-4457-B1A5-6C8BE465254F.jpeg

I didn’t realize they still sold trucks with manual crank windows.

A neighbor of mine had his lifted Exploder stolen while his wife was driving it in Vancouver. He filed a police report and called them every few days to ask if it had been found.. After a few calls they told him to stop calling and assured him they would call if it turned up. A couple more weeks went by and he decided to call again… yes it has been here for about 10 days in our compound. :bang:

Thrives took it for a joy ride and left it a few blocks away with the windows down and no battery. So he headed over with a new battery to bring it back home,

When he got there he asked where it was because he didn’t spot it in the lot. It’s over there, the one with the tarp over it… the windows were down and its battery was missing so we threw a tarp over it so it wouldn’t get wet inside.

He walked over, pulled the tarp off, opened the door, and turned the crank to close the window. The attendant looked dumbfounded… he didn’t know how to close crank up windows.

So everyone told me about the power of the 5.7 but to be honest I thought, Meh?!
I was so f'n wrong!! Screw zero to 60 times, try zero to 90! I actually saw my buddies head flip back when he didn't expect
me to hammer it pulling onto the highway.
But back to sanity the initial climb up the Malahat where it starts the initial twin lanes, I coaxed it up to 95 k never
breaking 2000 rpm from 60 k. It climbed to the top settled in with barely touch on throttle at 1400 rpm with that 6 speed.
So I'm thinking if done right, this truck could be driven far more economically than reported.
I averaged 115 most of the way, I had a BBQ to attend. It's rock solid, steers better than any truck I've ever driven.

I had the pleasure of seeing and driving this truck yesterday. (Good to visit Jon, thanks for dropping by.)

Very cool truck, and I second Jon's thoughts on it.

Now I want one even more!

I had the pleasure of seeing and driving this truck yesterday. (Good to visit Jon, thanks for dropping by.)

Very cool truck, and I second Jon's thoughts on it.

Now I want one even more!
Welcome to the dark side.... one more 5.7 Toyota convert. I know the feeling of accelerating past 90 mph with no top speed in sight... Ha Ha Ha.

Bring it by the shop if you are around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom