2005 Sequoia ABS/VSC/Brake light with no DTC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening
Guys, I have a gremlin in my behemoth (2005 Sequoia, 2.5' lift), that I really wanna to get rid of. The problem is, from time to time I have a ABS/VSC/Brake lights that come on during trips, there is no CHECK ENGINE light, and no DTC (I checked in Techstream a couple of times). I can't catch the reason as the conditions for those lights are always different. And as soon as I turn my truck off, the lights disappear. Maybe someone has any thoughts (and YES I have read tons of stuff, but they all got DTCs and I am not)?

Had this when my gas cap gasket was not holding. Replace gasket or new cap and see if this changes things.

The lift in mine caused the VSC warning beep and ABS to come on in moderate cornering situations. I’m told this is very common when you lift the early VSC trucks. I ended up just unplugging the control part on the brake master. It means the lights on the dash are on full time, (I will probably pull the bulb from that hole in the cluster at some point) but there is no beeping and brakes grabbing in corners. Their attempt at stability/traction control is unsafe as it stands in this era. It is something Toyota should have addressed as a recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom