200 series picture thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1746.jpeg

Bone stock '19. Trying to use the Dunlops a bit so I don't feel like I'm completely wasting them before upgrading.

Just saw this on the news...
-Looks like our Guys in Syria are 200 drivers...
**Clearly they have great taste in color choice too! :hillbilly: (Magnetic grey...)
-Oh, and...nice plug for Maxtrax...
-Note the greenish armored windows—always obvious with the dark frame around the inner glass edges.

View attachment 2101704
View attachment 2101703
View attachment 2101708
View attachment 2101706View attachment 2101705
Hell yes. We used them all the time to run PSD in Afghanistan. The ladder frame and diesel V8 carry armor super well.

Hell yes. We used them all the time to run PSD in Afghanistan. The ladder frame and diesel V8 carry armor super well.

Ya, I’m not military, but I rode in a fully up-armored State Department 200 Series LC in Jalalabad in late 2011. You could really FEEL the weight....but it was clearly a great setup. -Like sitting in a dang bank vault. :)

Finally got around to finishing off my replacement ARB foglight/indicator housings. At least these will withstand a bit more of a hit than the factory models.....
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got around to finishing off my replacement ARB foglight/indicator housings. At least these will withstand a bit more of a hit than the factory models.....View attachment 2110198View attachment 2110199

Those look great!
Are those the Slee inserts?

I’m also curious about that big light in the center of your bumper between the other two. What’s the scoop on that thing?

Those look great!
Are those the Slee inserts?

I’m also curious about that big light in the center of your bumper between the other two. What’s the scoop on that thing?
Home made inserts. Saw that Slee and a few others have made other versions of these. I have a spare ARB Bar in my shed that I used as a mock-up and some cheap LED lights & indicators etc. Its all Milwaukee Grinder, Mig Welder and rattle can paint!

The spotlights on the front are a pair of LED Intensity knockoffs, and an IPF 900 Extreme with HID upgrade. I had two of the IPF's originally, but clobbered a roo at a good speed (hence the spare ARB bar), bending the bar and destroying one light. The IPF is great for illuminating the table drains on the LHS of the road to pick up wildlife at night, the LED's and the lightbar on the roof cover everything else easily.

Home made inserts. Saw that Slee and a few others have made other versions of these. I have a spare ARB Bar in my shed that I used as a mock-up and some cheap LED lights & indicators etc. Its all Milwaukee Grinder, Mig Welder and rattle can paint!

The spotlights on the front are a pair of LED Intensity knockoffs, and an IPF 900 Extreme with HID upgrade. I had two of the IPF's originally, but clobbered a roo at a good speed (hence the spare ARB bar), bending the bar and destroying one light. The IPF is great for illuminating the table drains on the LHS of the road to pick up wildlife at night, the LED's and the lightbar on the roof cover everything else easily.

Wow! Very nice work!

Sorry to hear about the destructive roo strike...but clearly you are making the best of the situation. :cheers:

View attachment 2109715

Bone stock '19. Trying to use the Dunlops a bit so I don't feel like I'm completely wasting them before upgrading.

Same here. Those tires are just fine, I purchased mine new as well and have been impressed with the comfort and performance of these tires. I’m going to run these until I see belts.
I’m saying this coming from a C63 AMG with Michelin Super Sports...

It's been a great week. Exploring the Santa Fe National Forest by LX and by foot. We covered almost all of the Pecos Valley and made it to the summit of Elk Mountain today (11,200 ft). Interesting combination of private and public land out here. Private land owners are serious about their land boundaries. Sharp contrast to what I'm used to out West. I was glad when we could get deep into public land. The fall colors were amazing! It was cold over 10,000 feet. Cold rain and snow flurries. Tomorrow we will loop back south and east to explore the lesser traveled east side of the range. Look like lots of hiking opportunities. Unfortunately, we don't have time to do do much more than prospect the east and head home tomorrow afternoon.

DSC_0911 small.jpeg

DSC_0809 small.JPG

DSC_0886 small.jpeg

DSC_0905 small.jpeg

Sorry to see that and hope everyone is doing okay.

Having that WD hitch on was very fortunate. With another 1' of crush space, it probably did quite a bit to absorb more energy and soften the blow.

Ya, I’m not military, but I rode in a fully up-armored State Department 200 Series LC in Jalalabad in late 2011. You could really FEEL the weight....but it was clearly a great setup. -Like sitting in a dang bank vault. :)
Contractor? And I agree. As quiet as they are stock, slap 5-10k lbs of armor on them and they get super quiet! Add some suspension seats and you're golden.

Contractor? And I agree. As quiet as they are stock, slap 5-10k lbs of armor on them and they get super quiet! Add some suspension seats and you're golden.

Not a contractor.

Was there as a volunteer, installing and training teachers in the use of various tech at a rare school for girls in Jalalabad. Taliban types hated the school bc of the girl factor... It was sponsored by a combination of Rotary International (that started the school) and the State Dept. Attempting to show kids there that there is a whole world of possibilities beyond the narrow scope of their restrictive environment. Very cool opportunity, actually.

It was only during my brief time flying in and out via the military base at Jbad that I was in the 200. In town, I was just in a little non-armored Toyota with a driver who helped at the school.

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice work!

Sorry to hear about the destructive roo strike...but clearly you are making the best of the situation. :cheers:
Not as sorry as the roo - I was doing $1.40 when I got him... That’s about 87mph in your lingo... 🦘💥

Not as sorry as the roo - I was doing $1.40 when I got him... That’s about 87mph in your lingo... 🦘💥

Ya, when the deer whacked in Utah I was doing about 55. All I got was a bent license plate on my T13... Deer didn’t fare so well.. :flush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom