1998 Prado rescue mission! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi John, do you still have the extended versions? I got the 95 up in RAK im planning to strip down and have repainted the original crocodile green but the driver side rear side bumper ext has a deep scratch in it.
I do, but a buddy is trying to get the short extensions. If he cannot then I need these and I will cut them down. I will ping you when it is resolved!

Quick update, my son is coming to Dubai for Xmas and I think he can carry the extensions back. Not sure about the AC controls. Just waiting now for confirmation of stock on the shorty extensions.

I heard there are still a few 90 series in a scarp yard in the Al Dhaid area. When I get back home to Ras Al Khamiah on the 9th Im going to do a drive out that way. I have the bench front seat but I am going to see if i can find the bucket seats cause I really want a center console and cup holder now. Mines a 5speed manual so a cup holder would be nice.

The Prado has been a bit on the back burner but one thing I could not delay is a tire change. The ones on the truck were starting to herniate. Just a matter of time before a blowout.

Kumho - Road Venture AT52 (Qty 5)
265/75 R16

1708284550948.jpeg

I also found bent rear suspension elements while the tire work was going on:

1708284614473.jpeg

1708284621219.jpeg

I'm going to have to replace these.

And when the old tires were coming off the TRD rims the beads disintegrated. Clearly the old tires were about to blow.

1708284714839.jpeg

Today was a red letter day! The Little Prado finally has the missing trim from the rear wheel to the rear bumper installed!
1708974355919.jpeg

1708974369498.jpeg

1708974380293.jpeg

A big thank you to @t00manyuserz, my friend in Japan with a Middle East 80 he imported there at great trouble and expense, who helped me source the rear trim pieces when nobody else could find them!

And I finally was inspired to make some progress on the center console and do something about the floppy registers.

Last edited:
I do, but a buddy is trying to get the short extensions. If he cannot then I need these and I will cut them down. I will ping you when it is resolved!
Hey @xkennx now that the side plastic trim is resolved the ones for the 4 door are available if you still want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom