Colorado/Prado Gearbox Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

First post here. After having trouble with the automatic transmission in my '98 1kz Colorado/Prado I've decided that the transmission is pretty much done for. Now the trouble I'm having is that I'm struggling to source a new transmission with the exact same part number as the one currently fitted. Mine currently has a 30-43LE 35000-60520 fitted but I have a couple of box for sale locally using the part number 30-34LE 35000-60530. Now my questions are what is the difference between the 60520 and the 60530? and would the 60530 be compatible with my vehicle?
Any and all information is very much appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.

Anything in here useful to you?

Found here: Toyota A transmission - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_A_transmission

1705834956099.png

Just an update for in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation.

After deciding to chance it, I've removed the old box from my Colorado marked 35000-60520 and replaced it with a box marked 35000-60530 and can happily report that they are compatible. Externally the two transmissions are identical apart from the slightly different part numbers. My assumption is that there maybe internal differences between the two i.e. gear ratios, possibly to make up for the weight differences between the SWB and LWB models. However there is no noticeable difference in the way my LWB Colorado drives.

Hope this helps somebody else down the line.

Just an update for in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation.

After deciding to chance it, I've removed the old box from my Colorado marked 35000-60520 and replaced it with a box marked 35000-60530 and can happily report that they are compatible. Externally the two transmissions are identical apart from the slightly different part numbers. My assumption is that there maybe internal differences between the two i.e. gear ratios, possibly to make up for the weight differences between the SWB and LWB models. However there is no noticeable difference in the way my LWB Colorado drives.

Hope this helps somebody else down the line.
Glad to hear. My 96 trans is buggered but a JDM guy told me I could take a similar transmission from a Lexus LX450 and take my existing bellhousing and bolt it up. I’m going to change my filter and clean the pan and valve body I can reach and see if that helps first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom