For Sale 1987 Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 4x4 Diesel - Rebuilt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1987 Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 4x4 Diesel - Rebuilt - Vanc. Island. BC...SOLD

1987 Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 Completely rebuilt in 2005/06.

8 month total rebuild (spent $10k+) from the frame up produced a beautiful truck. Some of the highlights include:
- re/re frame (sandblasted, rubberized undercoat)
- new exterior paint
- new carpet
- rebuilt fuel injector pump
- 2" lift
- new springs
- new suspension
- new 33" tires
- new headliner
- custom front and rear bumpers

Other facts:
- 400,000 kms
- Diesel engine
- 5 speed
- 4x4: Excellent off-road performance
- rear seats lay flat to offer exceptional cargo capacity or room to sleep
- canadian spec

Great vehicle in great condition. Very reliable. Excellent fuel mileage. Vehicle stored under cover. Some rust visible around wheel wells and bottom of door panels. From a pet free home. Clean and shiny.

It smokes a bit on start-up, and is burning some oil. Otherwise runs great.

Included: wooden dowel roof racks:rolleyes:
Not Included: Alpine stereo.

$6000 As is.

Truck is located in Campbell River, BC, on Vancouver Island. About 3 hours north of Victoria, and 1.5 hours north of Nanaimo.

Your questions are most welcome.

I seem to be having troubles uploading images. In the meantime, click here.

a%3E

Last edited:
How difficult would it be to get this thing titled in the U.S.? Never tried before but this is EXACTLY the kind of cruiser i'm looking for -- think it could handle a 5k km trip?

Vehicle history (Where has the vehicle spent most of its time; how many owners has it had; any accidents, etc...) and how about the undercarriage(sp) pics?

Also, is it $6k in the Canadian currency or the US$?

Not that I'm in a position to buy it, but these info would help any potential buyers. ;)

Good luck!!

I would be interested in an answer to all of the above questions.

The truck has had three owners, and has been in Campbell River it's whole life (with the exception of 6 months). I've owned it since 2002. It has been driven to California twice in its life. It has never been in an accident.

Don't have pictures of the undercarriage - I can try to get these for you. But I can tell you that the body was taken off the frame in 2005, all the drive train was removed to bare frame. Refabricated the frame from the motor mounts back. It has been inspected, and approved, by the mechanic who has worked on this truck for the last 20 years. Also at that time, the drive train (transmission, drive shafts, springs, bushings, axles) were all inspected, parts replaced where needed, and all metal parts were sandplasted and painted. The under-body of the truck and frame was epoxy coated, painted and a rubberized undercoat was applied.

All doors also have additional sound dampening.

I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a road trip. Although, I'd be prepared to add oil frequently.

Don't have a clue about importing to the states. But probably lots of expertise on this board.

The $6,000 is in canadian $$.

Sounds nice and the price makes it very attractive, I think!

What kind of diesel engine does it have?

Also, what do you mean by good mileage: 25+mpg/us, or how many liters per 100km, etc...

the 25+mpg/us would probably mean a us gallon...which is 3.9 liters where as a canadian gallon is 4.5 liters...

these are awesome trucks, i was looking for one as well...specially i would imagine with a 5 speed...alas, no money but good luck with the sale

why going through all this trouble rebuilding the frame/chassis when you have an engine that probably needs a rebuild too? Is this the main reason for the sale? I have been looking for a truck like this for a long time.

I have an offer, so the truck is almost sold.

But to answer ductape's question...we weren't planning to sell the truck, that is why I put the effort into an extensive rebuild. We had hoped to keep it for many years. And up until the last few months, it has been running fabulously - why do an engine rebuild, if it isn't warranted?? But, now that it has started smoking, if we were going to keep the truck, that might be our next step. In fact, we're selling it because we're going sailing. One doesn't need a truck when on a boat! Breaks my heart, but the truck has to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom