For Sale 1987 HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never thought I’d see the day...but it’s finally happened. The Cruiser has been boringly dependable, mechanically. It’s reliably taken me on numerous hunting trips into the BC backcountry with some super low temps up in the mountains and nary a hiccup.

But that rust was getting to me, and finally it got to the rear spring hanger...for the 2nd time and due to a change in job, I just don't have the time anymore for welding stuff.

This cruiser still has a ton of life left in it. Mileage is at an accurate 286,102 which is barely even broken in for a normally aspirated diesel engine like this one. The guy I bought it from bought it from the original owner and he had all the service receipts on it...including installation of a dealer-installed airconditioner that works flawlessly. Its always kept under cover (as seen in the pics) and is used extensively for towing that little trailer you may see in the pix. I burn wood and that's all it hauls...well, plus garbage to the dump.

Some of the good parts:
1. Newly recored radiator.
2. Newish batteries
3. Beefier headlights...entire system upgraded to 24v, absolutely no issues since 2012 when i did it (Read this comprehensive thread). None of that centre tap nonsense here. Super reliable with full details.
4. Trailer wiring package, absolutely no issues as well (again, search my thread).
5. New tail light lens
6. New front corner light lens
7. Upgraded battery cables with upgraded terminals.
8. Factory Power steering and dealer-instealled AC all work flawlessly.
9. 5-speed high and low work flawlessly. Locking front hubs work flawlessly.
10. Changed water pump in 2015.
11. Changed out panels in rear for ABS. Just thought it would look cool. Original Jack and all tools in original pouch. Original manuals, paperwork etc.

The bad:
1. Rust issues. Broken Spring hanger.
2. New tailgate (was rear-ended)
3. No e-brake. Bought the cable, removed the console etc...just never got down to doing the job (new job gives me no time for these kind of things)
4. Oil pressure gauge broken (yeah, stupid me, again search for the thread).
5. Daughter "rubbed" against a column in the parking lot once. Broken side marker.

I'm not sure how much these things go for these days, but when I spoke to Steve from EBI Cruisers when I asked him about the value of my Cruiser for ICBC purposes (when I got rear ended), he told me that with working AC and Power Steering, it should be worth about $8,000-10,000.

I'll let it go for $6,000.00. It is drivable.

Bone stock. 15” wheels.

Bump...

Hey is this still for sale? Shoot me an email at jasonkimmer© gmail.com (@ instead of ©)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom