For Sale 1985 LHD BJ73 with AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
I have imported a 1985 BJ73 from Spain just now,it is a clean BJ73 build in Japan with 3B H55 combo.It has around 150K miles,I have driven it around for a while and an am in the middle of doing all the paperwork on it so it will come with a clean texas title in my name.It has aftermarket ac installed in it using the same components under the dash as the OEM system,everything is there but it might need to be charged as it is not blowing cold now.Typical scratches and scuff marks on it for being 31 years old,it seems that it has been repainted long time ago but it is overall in good condition .Interior is clean and complete po did cut some speaker holes in the rear cargo covers and then removed the speakers :(

It has a rear Full Floating axle with OEM limited slip differential in it

MUD price 15K which I think is a very fair price for a LHD MWB 70 series Diesel Cruiser with heat and ac.

Thanks for watching

JOE

PS in a few weeks I will have another lefty HZJ73 ready NO ac though!

DSCN0790.JPG
DSCN0791.JPG
DSCN0782.JPG

Last edited:
Pleased to inform everyone that Joe and I have reached an agreement we both can live regarding the issues that came into play. Joe made it right from Australia and promptly

Glad to hear it.

Excellent! Thanks for closing the loop and good on Joe for making it right!

Joe always seems to have been a nice guy, glad it worked out. I look forward to working with him on some diesel parts in the future. Wish it would have played out in a more private setting instead of public forum with subtle legal threats on a timeframe while someone was out of the country. To each his own I guess

Lesson learned I guess, huh. Do your homework next time.

Body work can be very tough to identify, especially when done "well." Rust can be easily hidden by someone who takes their time to shave and sand bondo to the lines of a vehicle to perfectly match the stock appearance of body panels. I really feel for both parties in situations like these. An honest seller doesn't want to be labelled as someone to "watch out for" or be tagged as "dishonest" and the buyer wants to get the most out of their investment.

These vehicles are pricey for two reasons:

1) They are reliable as **** (on-road and off). What is comparable, really?

2) Diesel 70 Series, in particular, are still rare in the U.S. regardless of the influx of legally imported models.

I would say the majority of Sellers on here are honest and the ones who are not are usually uncovered before they can wreak too much havoc. At $15K (not sure what the final sale price was), I would expect this to be drivable project with a bit of room for some TLC. No matter what, a 25+ year old vehicle is a forever project, in my opinion. That's all part of the fun: upgrades, modifications and restorations ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom