craigslist 1972 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So lucky for you guys I see what’s going on under it . How big of a problem is this and what am looking at in costs .

08BC1CA3-09A0-4B0B-90FF-DD3C10509468.jpeg

C00B30B8-BF5E-4A35-B59B-179FBF5B9632.jpeg

A0388111-11E8-4C82-BE8B-0CB874FB9AB2.jpeg

8BA652C7-9A78-4AC3-861C-C337429738C0.jpeg

F8A5CD69-B31A-4486-87C2-5E9B96EA3A45.jpeg

OUCH!! Yeah that hurts.... A lot.....
Not sure I'd be a buyer... for me (zero welding skills) rust is a killer...
She just moved real close to being a donor so that others may live..

So who would be willing to spend another 10 grand to fix the rust, if you're not a welder and another 5 grand for new parts, etc. not including any paint, etc. There's a whole lot hidden costs here. I'd rather spend money on somebodies project that stalled and have the body repairs all done.

It can be saved! It will depend on the new owners skill level! I wouldn't part it out, but I would'nt pay more than 2.5gs because it would be 5gs by the time I got it back here! That being said $1,000 bucks 🤔🤔🧐😳😘

I think so . My body guy said it can definitely be fixed don’t stress yourself . I don’t want this truck to be scraped it’s still complete. I don’t plan on putting a lot of money into if that’s what your thinking but do it right .
Of course your body can can fix it. He gets paid to do it.

Not seeing how you can not put a lot of money into it and do it right? It takes time and money to do it right.

I change my original answer. This is $1500 as is non running.

A gift would be to get the damaged roof pic pig for free, put some roller rims/tires and get it towed to your place... Then buy the 82 year old ladies 72 pig that needs some rust repair to your place for a reasonable dollar...(it runs and drives?) Sell/use parts off the dented roof donor truck...
If you're living right and lucky, maybe the dented roof truck has intact repair panels for the floor, body mounts, rockers, etc...doubt it, but you never know..
Agree w same2447 re 'of course your body guy says he can save it'.. it's what he does...
Hopefully you'll look at it as a fun project and get it back to life/use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom