1965 FJ40 Wiring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hertzlayton.com
I have no turn signals on the right side front or back.
I have checked the bulbs and replaced them both still nothing.

my 1965 fj40 has a aftermarket universal turn signal switch on it :bang:

I was going to get the test light out and try and figure it all out but i have a few questions.

Is there just one flasher in a 1965 fj40 that does right and left side both?

Does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for a 1965?

I have found diagrams for 1968-70 and on up from there by searching on this site, but not one for a 65

can anyone help?

This one has helped me with my '65. On mine, there is only one flasher. So you have one side working but not the other? That seems like a switch issuer or you have wiring issues on both front and rear. Do you have brake lights? Are your fuses okay?

Sent from the monkey house.
image-409254145.jpg

Thanks Nothinghead!

yes drivers side works fine front and back. but not the pass side.

any chance you have a link to that diagram? So I can get a better look.

I cant quite make out the colors mixed in with the green wires

:whoops:

No turn signals on left side

Had similar problem with my 65 I found indicator lights in dash did not have a good ground..... Redr222

I might add that since it shows two wiper motors and only five fuses this would be earlier than listed. It would have to be pre 68 model.

Thanks for the help guys.
I got the pass side to flash now. But is flashes very slow.
About half the speed it should.
Any ideas?:confused:

Still flashing slow any ideas?
did some research and found out if you had the wrong bulb installed it could cause a slow flash. So I double checked the part number on the bulbs to make sure I had the correct ones. They are 1157 s I think that's the correct bulbs.
Any other ideas for slow flashing turn signals on one side?

It could also be a bad connection or a bad ground connection. Compare lights to see if one is dim. The amount of current determines the speed of flashing because it heats up the bimetal spring faster.

I finally found out it was in the front turn signal. The bulb was not making a good ground. I replaced the turn signal assembly and it worked great! Thanks for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom