1948 cj-2a (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi!

I have a 1948 CJ-2A.

Anyone else have a flat fender?

Post up pictures!

:beer:

I have a 1948 CJ2A that I bought in 1974 when I was in high school from a local rancher. I was/am the 3rd owner. It has approximately 36,000 miles on it, all original except the top, front seats and wheels and tires. No rust. When I bought it, it came with the 200 lb front weight, factory pto, and factory heater, factory bug screen, which I still have. It is on jackstands at my parents, hasn't run/been driven for about 8 years. After I get a few last things done to my 80, I want to do a frame off resto mod with a mild lift and bigger brakes. I want to turn it into a sunday driver with some car showing on the side. I have been asked to sell it many times, but the only way I will ever part with it is when I am dead.

I don't have any pictures I can post, but it is faded maroon, black Husky Skyview Top (hows that for vintage?), 66 Mustang bucket seats in great shape, American Racing Aluminum Spoke Wheels, and until about 2 years ago, Desert Dog Off Road Tires.

Down side, carb needs overhauled, throwout bearing and seals replaced, brakes upgraded, and engine gone through due to not being run in some time more than anything else.

Last edited:
I've got a 1951 CJ3A. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of it. 350 chevy/T90A1/Warn overdrive, 5.38 gears. Dana 44 rear with Sommers(?) Bros. axles, 11 inch drums and an ARB and a Dana 30 front with a tru-trac and discs in the front. My dad and I built it back in 1978 from a frame and we bought a replacement body that came from the Phillipines.

Haha. There's probably a lot of cruiser guys that still have their old flat fenders. I still have 2.

1952 M38, bone stock, 20K miles. "Flight-line" jeep later sold to a fire dept. and garaged until I got it in 1985. Still garaged in WA state.

1950 M38, stock motor & drivetrain, 12v conversion, Warn OD, spring lift & MTR's, 11" brakes, BestTop, etc. Good hunting jeep, but I only used it for getting groceries, up until I got a cruiser. Now I use the 40 for that ;). PO hunted with it & took it through the con back in early 90's (when it was easier) - if that makes up for it.

Wish I had pics of my first vehicle, 1943 willys flaty, damn thing went everywhere I pointed it.

Kinda thought Woody had one hiding in his garage for a build?

Rob

Heep picture

I forgot to post up the picture of it. The only one I could find on this computer.
Jeep & Yota picture resized.jpg

I learned to drive in CJ2A its a 1947, i think. It is still sitting on my dads place. Its in bad shape, hasn't been running in 20 years. I have been thinking about fixing it up but it will be lots of work. Some time when I am out there i will take a picture and post it.

Here's a picture of our 1947 Willys CJ2A, it's in bad shape. I would like to fix it up some day. But it will need lots of work and I will have to find a good parts rig to cannibalize.
CJ2A 1947.jpg

My son in his CJ3A on the Deer Valley trail.

TysonsCJ3A.jpg
TysonsCJ3A.jpg

Steve my oldest brother had a CJ-2A, we had a lot of fun in that ride.

is yours still 6 volt?

his l-head flat head, I believe was a 134?,T90 or T86 tranny with the dana 18 transfer, dana 25 front and 41 rear? something like that

have any pictures of yours?

I threw up some pictures of my old '59 willy's on one of the other posts here

oh yeah, yours still have the "c" style shackles?

:beer:

1947 CJ2A

Just started working on a 1947 CJ2A for someone.
I flat towed it up from Spokane, Washington to Anchorage Alaska about 4 years ago behind my FJ-40, Dad came along for the ride. The owner had someone start to rebuild it, 4yrs later it is still not done. So the frame and running gear are in the garage. Working on the brake lines first. Looking for some original- ish 5 hole rims. It has two looking for 3 more. There are a few old "Flatties" up here and the owners have already been helpful. So many interesting stories, like "My Willys has been in the family for 60 years"

-Ehren
IMG_1471.JPG

1950 CJ3A

Here is my '50 CJ3A...

I own a '72 CJ5 as well, but my '94 FJ80 is getting all the attention these days. This is an old thread, but thought I would post a pic since this seems to be the place for Toyota based Flattie fans.

Original engine, tranny, tcase, axles, mechanical foot switch starter. Climbs like a goat and drives like a charm. Will never, ever sell her. Can't decide to go original or beef her up. Time will tell...
IMG_0369.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice CJ3-A!

Old thread or not, "Ya gotta respect the classics man".

This is mostly original

Belongs to a friend of a friend, may be for sale later...lots of these here including the ones built by Mitsubishi on license...This ones's got some mods but mostly original, here when the 4cyl goes they typically put a 4cyl diesel in.

original ww2 jeep (640x427).jpg

ww2jeep (640x427).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom