100 Series Drawer System - Double R Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This maybe too late in the build process. If you put a thin shim/filler that is made of either of flexible plastic such as Delrin or Crfp that would keep the squeaks to none. In between the 2 pieces of wood or metal to wood. we use this allot to shim allot of stuff and the eliminate the squeaks. As you most likely know airplanes flex and expand during flight. Even the 787 uses allot of this too.

Drawers have been tested off road - no rattles or squeaks. Very tight so far.

I think you need to break them down...ship to my work address to save on freight and let me give them an east coast road/trail test as well....

cant be too safe when dealing with these things. :)

Drawers have been tested off road - no rattles or squeaks. Very tight so far.

RobRed,

Any pics of finished product I'm going to start my own set in the next week or two and have been anxiously awaiting updates on this.

:popcorn:

BTW professionally sprayed Line-X in the Bay Area is $15 sqft. That means spraying just the top of the box is $175. My point is that if you are planning to bed line something you should check the pricing and dont assume before hand.

There are many do it yourself solutions which I will be doing to a portion of this system. The top, interior facing portion I will carpet so at a glance it looks stock.

I havent "finished" them as of yet. Trying to source some Toyota grey carpet.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

Is there anyway to see pics of them before carpet? The build on this looks very quality would like to see what is there before its covered up.

Red, Sorry didn't see the updated pics at the beginning of the thread. Thanks much appreciated looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom