FJ55 Color & Spec Chart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.importarchive.com

Here is the color and spec chart for the US-Spec Land Cruiser from 1968-1979. If you see an error please post it here and I will correct the page and graphic ASAP. You can upload a photo of your car to the site by clicking on the above graphic, then clicking on the appropriate camera icon next to your color.

I will make updates on the chart within a day of any errors or additions posted. To confirm or add your color to the chart just post a photo or description of your car along with the model year (or production date) and the color code. The three-character color code can be found on the production information on a metal plate attached to the firewall near the back of the engine compartment.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a darker green for the later years? Rustic green? (621)

And where the hell were you two weeks ago when I was choosing paint??

:flipoff2: (j/k)

Nice, I Like...

Its been a couple of years since this thread was resurrected, but I'm doing it again. Looking for anyone that has any 55-series brochures to speak up. I'd like to get them scanned and uploaded to our public archive.

Still looking for 55 owners to shout out their year and color codes, too. I want to get this chart filled out!

There's no color code on my 12/74 plate, but it was gray/white originally...

My '76 was green/white originally, and still is. The color code line reads "266 AE12"

Last edited:
My Contribution...
My pig 12/71 is suppose to be nebula green which definitely shows signs. I a victim of PO syndrome and the pig is currently white and brown. I hope to one day bring back the nebula green.
IMG_3197.jpg

no paint code found just found the engine model plate on the passenger side fender towards the front.

My '76 was green/white originally, and still is. The color code line reads "266 AE12"

266 is a two-tone code, but not sure which two colors it represents. I can't seem to find that on the net right now. It is most likely a combination of two regular 1976 colors, but since I don't have the 1976 green on the chart yet I can't say for sure. It looks like greens that were available in the Toyota line that year were Rustic Green 621, Olive Green 637 and Lt Green Metallic 679. Hopefully someone else with an all-green '76 will come along and let us know.

My Contribution...
My pig 12/71 is suppose to be nebula green which definitely shows signs. I a victim of PO syndrome and the pig is currently white and brown. I hope to one day bring back the nebula green.

no paint code found just found the engine model plate on the passenger side fender towards the front.

Nebula Green is code 622 and I show that to start on the 1972 FJ60, so it looks like I have that correct on the chart.

When did they start putting paint codes on the plate in the engine compartment on Pigs?

Great question, not sure. Anyone?

What a great reference. I clicked on the nebula green and it sent me to the complete reference for all toyotas, all years. Pretty cool.

Yeah, that is my little mind-bending project. This is especially why I need everyone's help to nail down color codes and years. I'm maintaining topics like these on about 30 different enthusiast sites... and I think that so far the classic Land Cruisers are proving to be the most complicated to nail down! On the bright side, there is such a strong enthusiast base that it will eventually be more accurate than say, the Toyota Crown!

Crazily enough there is a green/white 1977 FJ55 on eBay right now that has a good photo of the production plate on the firewall. That one is 276 two-tone. I've added both of those combinations to the chart, although I still don't know which specific colors they are composed of.

toyota_landcruiser_fj55_276_01.jpg

When I had mine painted and gave the shop the code off the firewall for the color I wanted this is what I got.
poser7.JPG

Doesn't really sound like you're happy with it. Or am I reading in the wrong tone?

I'm good with it. It was just said that they had no green in '76 and according to the shop that painted the truck, this is it.

I would think there would be more two tones. Most of the colors as shown would indicate that the 55 is all one color. That is the case for some of them, such as mine - 309 - Freeborn Red. Not a bit of white on it - never had...but now does :pig:

bk

the circus pig:
DSC01771.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom