My New 40 Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HawkDriver said:
Hey folks,

Finally got around to buildin up the sliders. They're my first so they're not perfected yet but they'll do the trick and give me a start to base future builds off of. I like the DP step but I'd like to also try just adding 2 evenly spaced tubes in place of the step to get that "totally tubular" look :D , we'll see.
Do you mean something like these?
Side Bar 3.JPG

Yeah, kind of. But I'll keep the main tube in the same position and the supports will just replace the step, it'll basically look the same as the step type, tilted upward and all.

Yours turned out pretty sweet. Great job. :beer:

Yeah Travis, they get pretty bent about it here too.

nice hawk i likey, you build more of those sliders pm and give me a price and some pics

I dig those. I especialy like the diamond plate step area/support. nice!

here is my friend and mines first attempt. Welded right to the rocker protection panel which is bolted on.

Something I did, which I have seen no one else do is the addition of skateboard grip tape on the top of the slider for that no slip entry/exit.

sliders.jpg

Last edited:
no price yet hawk? or you working out the details first...

Here are some driveway pics. The things to overcome yet are whether people will have the fender flares or not as I will have to lengthen them just a bit and bend that rear few inches to match the body. Look at the closeups of the area.

The step doesn't appear to be centered on the door but it's in the spot so that as you're climbing in it's just right. I was afraid that the aft area of the tube would stick out quite a bit but it barely sticks out past flush with the flares.

They're pretty tucked in and streamlined with the rockerpanels. Trail testing still to come. :cheers:
Sliders 002.jpg
Sliders 003.jpg
Sliders 004.jpg

Last edited:
Those look good, I might be interested in a set myself. For the whole non skid deal, you might want to consider spray on bedliner. I had both my front and rear tube bumpers linexed and no longer worry about slipping and killing myself. On sliders, it might make them a little less likely to "slide" but it works great for the nonskid deal, and it's way tougher than paint. Whatever I wind up doing, either buying or building sliders, I plan on linex.

Sweet!! They look great... :eek: Would you custom to make the diamond plate 2x as long. How about an underneath pic of the mounting... looks wet.

Cheers,

nice bro ..i like them ....i have to pick up another fj (73 fj 40) but i will be needing some.....

Hawk-

These look great man! Sliders, bumpers... whats next?

Great stuff man, keep it coming!

Rezarf <><

Hawk-

Without hijacking the thread too badly, what kind of equipment do you have around? Tube bender? What kind or model welder?

Nice looking stuff bro.

Rezarf <><

REZARF said:
Hawk-

Without hijacking the thread too badly, what kind of equipment do you have around? Tube bender? What kind or model welder?

Nice looking stuff bro.

Rezarf <><

Let me dig up some garage pics. Just pieceing it together a little at a time. Please excuse my mess, havn't had a chance to clean up since yesterday.

Thermalarc Thermadyne Fabricator 251 Mig
JD2 Model 3 Bender
Victor Cut Master medium duty Oxy/Acetylene outfit
Dewalt 14" Chop Saw
GMC 4 1/2" Grinder
Harbor Freight 4" vertical/horiz band saw
Delta bench top drill press
Delta bench grinder
Craftsman 33 gal compressor

and a few other little things.
IMG_0018.JPG

Last edited:
They have a support that bolts to the frame. 1/2" plate with 2x2" tube and a fat gusset. It keeps it high out of the way of rocks and gives the slider a nice plane to slide on.

The fronts are bolted to the body outrigger, and those mounts are still under development. It's working for now.

Let me go get some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom