the DSRTRDR is getting some TLC . . . (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Claudia I know a place not far from the shop that will sew you a new top cheap I will bring you the info

I should have insisted we just cut that floppy part of the tub off, and tube out the rear. Would have made the H55 dealio much easier, too. :hillbilly:

It's not too late,,, and the pink panty fitting is happening!:hillbilly:

more came off the truck at the rocker panels

mangleage anyone ? - yeah, we got that :rolleyes:
mangelage 1.jpg
mangleage 2.jpg

passenger side rocker panel before and after

driver side is worse
rocker pane pass 1.jpg
rocker panel pass.jpg
rocker driver.jpg

meanwhile, this was accomplished
driver rear.jpg

although we were temporarily distracted . . .

temporarily distracted.jpg

Last edited:
I saw both the trucks outside I figured you stepped out. I was just gonna stop for a few to see what was up.

we took the rental car to lunch :doh:

although we were temporarily distracted . . .

When removing the carrier tape it is good to first make sure the letters are really burnished down and then lightly spray the masking with windex. Rub it until the paper side of the mask is damp (you do not have to soak it). Wait a minute and then slowly peel it back on itself.

attachment.php

Big metal tools are usually of little help. :D

I want that top :bounce:

my softtop decided to give in to the dry AZ heat last year before Cruise Moab: cracks developed in the windows (temporarily fixed with clear packing tape :hillbilly:), a branch ripped kaput one of the zippers (some drama to get that fixed 3 weeks before Cruise Moab :rolleyes:), and then more windows cracked in Moab when I tried to roll them up :frown:

I would really like a white top in Arizona (ever since after the 2012 Cruise Moab, I have been running my bikini top) - but the cost for custom was quoted at around $1500-$1800 even with the old top as the pattern :eek:

I do care much for the FST look; I am fine with the Bestop look - so I called them today to inquire about a white or grey top; but even a 10-top potential group buy (I just made it up for the inquiry), they wouldn't budge from their "only black, we don't do custom, and any other color would custom, which we don't do" :rolleyes:

right now, my thinking is this: I have a white bikini top (homemade :hillbilly:) that is proven to work - it even got me through this winter in AZ - I might as well try black for the full softtop; which I am more likely to put on in the winter, anyway, when heat is not as much of an issue - and if I don't like it, I can still go custom and sell the black top - black will work well, as far as looks go, would also obviate the need to paint the new black Bushwacker fender flares I won at Cruise Moab several years ago

My vote is for custom top. Black top on Landcruiser looks so Heep.

Part of the 99 hole fillup program!:hillbilly: This tailgate has had a hard life, most of the dents came out, but is slightly twisted, will solve that when it's on the rig. Does not have rust, but like the rest of the rig, will have some "texture" so, will match perfectly!
Sill_17.jpg
Sill_18.jpg

Ran the latches in the ultrasonic, cleaned nicely, before they were stiff, now move freely. Still have a date with the sandblaster before paint.
Sill_19.jpg
Sill_20.jpg

Did some tire/wheel test fitting, 315's, used a spacer to simulate the FJ60 axle. It's close, hoped to run the bushwacker flares (have a new set), but maybe not, especially if the axle is moved back?
Sill_22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom