For Sale FRBv2 (Frame Recovery Bracket) for 80 & 100-Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
May 21, 2012 UDPATE: I'm out of these right now and the machine shop I was using just raised their price by 225%. So needless to say I need to shop around and see if it makes sense to go another round. More news when it happens...

Thanks to all who bought them!

Dan

DSC_6214.jpg
SANY0950-1.jpg
SANY0974-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this will work on the Slee front bumper? I don't like using the built in recovery points because at high angles and really stuck situations the bumper wing deflects into the body making Jonathan mad. I also don't particularly like the fit as the 2 D ring holes are different sizes.

I'll be ordering one if you think it will fit on the Slee front. I can shoot a pic later if you need me to.

EDIT: e-mail sent!

Last edited:
PM sent!

Those are really nice, Dan. Does the spacing fit 80s?

Dan:
pm'd you

Dan,

Just wanted to say Thanks for the awesome product. This kit is well Thought out...the Allen bolts are the perfect length... I added lots of red loctite to the rear recover bracket. The two front recovery brackets only got a drip in case I need to bolt on a new bumper soon.:hillbilly:

Gringo

Gringo,
Glad you like the FRBv2s! I hope you never need to use them ;)

Got them installed...Way beefy!!! Anyone on the fence about these would only need to take a look at them sitting next to an OEM tie-down bracket and the Paypal info would start flowing over the interweb. Thanks again Dan!

Got them installed...Way beefy!!! Anyone on the fence about these would only need to take a look at them sitting next to an OEM tie-down bracket and the Paypal info would start flowing over the interweb. Thanks again Dan!

Paul,

Thank you for the compliment; glad you like them; hope you never need them ;)

Dan

Dan, these are very nice and sure look beefy. I'm impressed you did destructive failure testing. Out of curiosity, what happened when a bracket got to 17,610lbs? Did the bolts let go or what?

Dan, these are very nice and sure look beefy. I'm impressed you did destructive failure testing. Out of curiosity, what happened when a bracket got to 17,610lbs? Did the bolts let go or what?

Additional information including a video were options I could have ante'd up for apart of the test; but didn't so I don't know what part of the bracket started to yield at 17,610lbs. FYI: Total failure was at 26,134lbs; but again I don't know what portion failed.

FYI: The bolts I include, being grade 12.9, are universally rated to a yield strength of 1100MPa...that's 159,500psi!

2 Please!

I'll take 2 Please! PM me your Paypal info!

Regards,
Frank:beer:

I ordered my set, just waiting on the next production run to finish. Thanks Dan!

Santa's Elves have been busy and they show it with metal shavings from head to toe :D.

Back in stock and ready to ship for those last minute stocking stuffer presents :D

And better to get them now before all the shipping rates get jacked after January 1!

Thank you to all that have ordered!!!

Dan

I have a recommendation for anyone thinking of ordering these.....buy two! I bought one and regret not just getting the pair! Excellent Product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom