The Cursed Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I looked at another 84 and it too only has the one O2 sensor. What the hell is in my cat?

It's actually a thermo sensor. It might have been a California thing. It looks like an Ox sensor coming out of the cat, but it's not.

Do I need it?! Or can I relocate it? What does it do?

Well I had the crankshaft snap on my truck. No clue how but it just snapped. Luckly I've got a spare block to drop in

Whuuuuttt? How does that happen? o_O

Damn you have the worst luck.

That's how I feel KLF. And no one really has a clue how it happened. I stumped a few people I know with what happened.

Dang! I've never heard of a shaft snapping on such a low power engine. That is just crazy. But hey, now you know why you been saving that spare all them years. Tell the wifey: "See!" Now I gotta go buy a spare engine in case it happens again. And then just get a whole spare parts truck cause it's cheaper.
Then once you get it, tell her that it is in too good of shape to part it out so you need to buy a parts truck to get the first truck restored....
Works for me!

Haha its nice having parts trucks for issues like this. In about 7 hours I've swap engines. Going to get a new pilot bearing since the engine I just put in needs one since it came from an automatic. And then some manifold gaskets then I'll start reassembly of it all.

So I got the engine installed and running. Besides fixing exhaust leaks it runs okay. It has a really bad stutter unless I press the gas pedal all the way in. It sounds like an air leak but I can't find one for the life of me. If anyone has some advice I'd be grateful as it sounds really bad driving it right now.

Well I got the exhaust side all finished up today. I'm glad I put on all new gaskets and finally got my new muffler welded on. All that's left is figuring out why its still running like sh*t. It still runs with the throttle screw all the way in. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Any help would be great. I'm about to check my tps again to make sure but I don't see how that'd be messed up

New TPs and no help. I then changed out my IACV for a Napa one which helped a little bit. Still having it run with the idlr mixture screw all the way in. I think next is pull the wiring for my tps and check it all out

Anddddd more bad luck. Was driving and heard a loud pop and truck lost power. Hoping it's not the timing chain since I just did it plus the valves could be messed up

Turned out to just be the coil/igniter wire to my distributor cap. Which means I'm going to be replacing my cap rotor spark plugs and spark plug wires

Also I would HIGHLY recommend going OEM with your cap/rotor, plugs n wires. The wires are kinda spendy but well worth the price. All the other components are cheap. Probably less than Napa.

I'm gonna go with Denso or Bosch plugs, NGK wires and the OEM cap and Rotor.

Well I fixed the stutter with new plugs. Also may have found out why my truck rolled. Jacked my truck up today and spun the drivers side and to my surprise the passenger side didn't move! Or the drive line! Then I spun the passenger side and it moved the driver side and the drive line but the rear drive line has a spot where it doesn't spin with the passenger side drum being roataed . So I think drivers side axle shaft is messed up. I'll just swap axles in I have to for the wider rear axle under my 88 parts truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom