Builds HJ75 Pick up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Wong
I also had a 79 tub trimmed down to suit the 75 series chassis. Thanking you for the tip on the T bolts to secure the tub.
Cheers

body mounts 001.JPG

Last edited:
First photo after floating home from sunshine coast Queensland stopped at Brisbane airport to also pick up the 2015 tub that I found on Gumtree.
iphone 5 041.JPG
iphone 5 042.JPG

I also found a good pair of suspension seats on ebay I brought them for peanuts but with freight from the south coast to the north coast they where still worth the coin. Claudia my wife wound not be happy on the combined bench seat. Happy wife happy life. :)
iphone5 005.JPG

I sent it out to Jeff to strip her down and paint with epoxy primer and the same paint that was on the tub 058 white I didn't take many pics but this was when it was coming back together.

iphone6 010.JPG
iphone6 011.JPG

The suspension bases would not fit but the bucket seats went straight in as the captive nuts where already under the floor they just needed to be drilled out. The standard seat rails from the bench seat was a plug and play unit on the single bucket seat. Happy days :)

iphone6 002.JPG
iphone6 004.JPG

Last edited:
Jeff finished the truck and we tried to fit the tub !! s*** it was 4 inches to long so the truck was sent home.

iphone6 002.JPG

Very nice mate love it

That's an early one like my uncles fj75 it was and African spec ute and was the first one in nsw when released

Chappo does your uncle still have the Fj75 interested to know how early his chassis number is.

My truck is 1 month 1985 being number 478 so they must have made a few hundred 12 month 1984 trucks. I'm interested to know if they came to Australia or went elsewhere.

Yes mate he still has the fj75 I will try and have a look at it in the next few days

I have tried to buy it off him for about 6 years now because it's been sitting in the shed with the motor out of it for At least 7 years and he won't get around to fixing it anytime soon

I still got that 2f at home if you want it. If your keen I will check it over and let you know the condition.

Thanks mate he bought a replacement motor and gearbox and a vacuum operated transfer for it just got to fix the floors then do the engine swap I will get around to it soon as I bought a tig welder about a month ago and I mentioned to him about fixing it. The ute was number 1607 off the line 1/85 on id plate but fj75

Thanks mate interesting number on the FJ75.
I didn't think they made many fj75 but like you said it was a African spec ute.

I am pretty sure they made more fj75 then hj75 in the first few years of production

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom