Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^ Thank you!

With your fab skills why not look at beefing up front skid plate and wrapping it under. Similar to a bud-built (not advocating stealing his design) but the stock skid plate will take a beating offroad. Good time to consider how you want to protect tranny and t-case.

:worms::beer: time to look at dual t-cases too!!! Worth their weight in gold off road!!!:clap::clap::clap:

That's a good idea and I may do that. For now after the swing out is done then I'm going to do sliders. Before we move I'm really hoping to do interior panels, seat covers and new flooring. I'm also going to do a rear lunch box locker to keep things simple.

I liked to quirks of a lockbox. Seemed pretty easy just keep a little power to wheels on turns but wife hated it. She's really not very comfortable driving stick anyway. Though have seem many ppl post about hating them.

Might want to put one up front too. I had no problems with front and rear IFS locked. If setup right their strong. I don't off-road by throttle though.

Yeah I've heard about the chirping and I'm willing to deal with it. It's not like I'm building a luxury vehicle. :D
My wife might not like it, but she rarely drives it. She sticks to the RAV4. ;) I think I'll just do the rear first and see if the front is necessary.

I had found a regeared IFS front dif with locker. Used to see them all the time not as frequent now though.

It's in the details. Old mud flap converted to drink cup protector.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443387939.692773.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443387948.562974.jpg

I'm a little late to the SAS swap discussion, but completely agree that you should keep what you have. With a single transfer case, I think you would be hard pressed to break an axle shaft. That, and they'll wear out (due to the lift) way before they break.

I've been away from MUD for a while, but it's nice to see that you are still pursuing your dream and building a sweet 4runner in the process.

^^^ Thanks!

Just ordered this:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444100835.163988.jpg

These two things came in the mail...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444432353.103245.jpg

Latch for tire carrier...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444432413.775545.jpg

If you don't mind, would you measure ID of snorkel? Kinda been looking at one after a couple close calls. But have Supra AFM so wanting a larger diameter snorkel. Just put stock AFM and piping back on tonight and it is a big difference.

Here you go...ID at the intake is 2,5/8".

Ordered a set of these...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444598950.576332.jpg

The ones I had bought to put on the fenders won't work with the snorkel. :(

Looking for this on the cheap if anyone has a lead. Wanna put it on our rear tire swing out. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444781753.545142.jpg

Where did you get those mirrors? they look really nice.

Mirrors on and they are a tad wobbly when you shut the door, but all in all they are worth it.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445030489.633121.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445030505.033582.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445030524.284067.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445031067.075713.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom