injector fitting to IP, how to remove? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi folks,
am having a knowledge issue with the injector lines coming from the IP...
There is two nuts on the line fitting that comes from the injector pump, ie, the fittings on top of the injector pump, a 22mm and 17mm.
Does this fitting unscrew? That's why there is two nuts there right, to uncouple them?

A picture would help, but I'll give it a shot anyway. You probably have an "A" style inline injection pump. The 22MM nut is the part of the pump that holds the delivery valve, and it also holds the plunger and barrel in place. The 17MM nut is what connects the injector line to the pump. Do not remove the 22MM fitting from the pump unless you know for sure what you're doing or things will get expensive real fast. Hold the 22MM fitting still with a wrench while you loosen the 17MM nut to remove the injector line.

17mm nut is the nut that holds the injector line onto the delivery valve holder 22mm. to take the line off, unscrew the 17mm nut. you may need to hold the 22mm section of the delivery valve holder, as if it tries to unscrew with the inj line nut, it can damage the nylon sealing washer and the aluminium clamping blocks that hold it from unscrewing. If the DVH comes loose, be very carefull not to over torque it, as it can damage the pump element underneath, and/or change it's delivery/timing from the rest of the element's

ok, im severly dissappointed i didt wait for a reply... is there any possibly chance of recovery if i have managed to unscrew one but not removed it?......

Usually, can just loosen clamps, re torque delivery holder to spec, relighting clamps and done.

thanks pc, is a 2h late, am thinkink it will screw back in without too muc dramas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom