Blower Relay question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fawcusfitness.com
As far as I can tell this relay also doubles as the ignition relay? I took the relay from my 84FJ60 and installed it onto the harness of my 81BJ60 so that I could have A/C.
I am trying to diagnose a couple of issues so I want to make sure that I have it installed in the correct location. IS this relay installed closest to the firewall?

All of the relays in the cruiser have different pin orientation and or socket design if necessary.

The reason is to prevent mix up and make replacing them idiot proof.

If it fits, you're good to go.

The pins for the first and fourth relays are the same, so the relays could be installed in either location...
Photos of the relay attached.
Could someone just verify the stock location for me? Thanks!
DSC_0843.JPG
DSC_0842.JPG

Last edited:
Here is my BJ60 harness. Again it looks different, and it doesn't even have blower relay in it
The first and fourth relay are identical, relay m4 90987-02004. The second and third relay are both the same relay m3

Last edited:
Thanks!
Let me know if you want to keep that blower relay or not. I want a spare. Does your blower relay have that little spade terminal on the side of it?
I forgot the harnesses were different on the BJ and FJ :doh:where the relays mount, thanks for reminding me of that!

Interesting, I see your blower relay part number is different than mine...
I just checked and the part number on yours is the same as used in the 85BJ60 that came with A/C and that part number shows the relay is still available...(still need to check with sources).
I was searching for a new relay (to have as spare) using the part number on mine but it came up as obsolete...
So yeah I should be asking in the diesel section where that relay is mounted. But someone would have to have a stock BJ60 with A/C.

Think I figured it out...the blower relay on the BJ60 (you have one but it is round because the square one is needed only if you have A/C) is the one closest to you, then the second and third are for lights and the last one is the ignition relay.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Not sure why the part number change. It shows both being used for the diesel cruisers. The part number on yours though shows it was used in many other older Toyotas besides the land cruiser.
Maybe Beno can pipe in if he sees this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom