Falken Rocky Mountain ats tires (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Nitto Terra Grappler is a great option in a 315. Fairly proven, too...
image.jpg
image.jpg

The 315 is a 16" wheel tire. I think it's 315/65R16?

I run 37s and a OME J lift with 1.5" spacers, and I sit about 5" over stock but the 315s are common out here on various setups. The green truck pictured has J fronts and heavy rears (about 4" of lift), the white truck is running the OME 2.5" lift.

How are they in the mud? That's my biggest concern after bf Goodrich mts. We have a lot of muddy trails in the Midwest.

Are you talking plain ol' bias ply BFGs? BFG Radial MTs? Or BFG KM2s?

Never ran any bias plys BFGs, but I've run radial since I started putting tires on vehicles out of my own pocket back in the 70s.

BFG Radial MTs weren't perfect but always did the job, mainly too hard tread compound and uneven wear.

The KM2 is world's better than the Radial MTs. Never let me down yet.

So who's field did you get stuck in? :mad:

Or were you on one of the ATV trails better run in a six-wheel amphib?:hillbilly:

315x75x16?

Correct.

What kind of lift are you running?

The green, 40th rig has the OME "Sonoran kit" J front, heavy rear springs with L shocks, washer mod, etc. The white rig has the OME heavy kit, washer mod, etc.

Terra Grapplers are are civilized tires that work well on the trails that we run, I have no idea how they would work where you wheel.

Are you talking plain ol' bias ply BFGs? BFG Radial MTs? Or BFG KM2s?

Never ran any bias plys BFGs, but I've run radial since I started putting tires on vehicles out of my own pocket back in the 70s.

BFG Radial MTs weren't perfect but always did the job, mainly too hard tread compound and uneven wear.

The KM2 is world's better than the Radial MTs. Never let me down yet.

So who's field did you get stuck in? :mad:

Or were you on one of the ATV trails better run in a six-wheel amphib?:hillbilly:

I don't go on peoples fields. Anything offroad is done on an actual trail. I never said I got stuck. Since you ask, it was at thecliffsoffroad. The BF Goodrich's had little to now lateral traction. I believe they were huts the radial mts. It was 6 or so years ago. I never tired the km2s.

Correct.

The green, 40th rig has the OME "Sonoran kit" J front, heavy rear springs with L shocks, washer mod, etc. The white rig has the OME heavy kit, washer mod, etc.

Terra Grapplers are are civilized tires that work well on the trails that we run, I have no idea how they would work where you wheel.

I knew it was 65 or 75. And how dare you wheel a 40th! Oh wait... :hillbilly:

I have a set of fallen rocky peak in 325/75/16. Didn't have much expectation but so far they are quite good. Again not a mud tire but dry, wet and rocky terrains have been great.

That being said my next set of tires will be cooper ST maxx.

Unfortunately in the Midwest the trails are mainly mud. Some of them get pretty slick.

Why cooper st maxx? What kind of setup are you running to fit 325x74x16?

I don't go on peoples fields. Anything offroad is done on an actual trail. I never said I got stuck. Since you ask, it was at thecliffsoffroad. The BF Goodrich's had little to now lateral traction. I believe they were huts the radial mts. It was 6 or so years ago. I never tired the km2s.

Just keeedding on the "stuck in the field" comment. BTDT;):rolleyes:

There really are so few decent trails left compared to the 70s in this part of the country.

Yeah, so sliding sideways? Not sure you're going to find a solution to that short of tractor tires and they don't do so well on the highway. What will help some is airing down, if you hadn't done that, but that applies to any tire. It lengthens the contact area. But you may be expecting too much on a muddy sideslope for any tire -- once you're on a slippery slope, simply adding skinny pedal will send things sideways, so best to depend on momentum to carry you through or choose another line. Slopes and sliding aren't a good combination anywhere. At least out here in the prairie, there are relatively few cliffs to go over the side of...

Unfortunately in the Midwest the trails are mainly mud. Some of them get pretty slick.

Why cooper st maxx? What kind of setup are you running to fit 325x74x16?

Typo on the phone, I'm running 315/75/16 on oem rims with Tjm 50mm springs. They have been great for the dry south west trails but I would not buy them if you encounter mud often.

I really like the cooper ST max because they are AT but close to a mud tire in tread void and still suppose to have great snow and wet traction and quiet on the road. Sounds like perfect tire for just about everything except for constant mudding.

Open Country A/T II | Toyo Tires

I have these in the extreme version 315/75/16 and am very happy with them. The regular version has a 65k warranty but not on the extreme version. The difference is the extreme as a more aggressive sidewall. My truck is a daily driver and this a really good compromise between MT and AT tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom