Sway bar disconnect (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Desert Nomad

Lost in the desert
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone driven round with the front sway bar disconnected?

Curious to know how much better off road driving will be with it open, I'll find some time this week to give it a test run disconnected I can't seem to find any quick disconnets made for the 200 but from looking at the 80's and other 4x4s doesn't look like too much trouble to fab up.

I did that on my tundra for a while. I was driving both on and off road. After a year, I built a sway bar drop bracket due the 3" lift, I could not install sway bar. As long you are aware of disconnect and control your speed before turns you will good. Body roll is greater on turns. Like Brian said suspension works better off-road. Quick disconnect is good idea and should be easy to fab it.

Thanks guys, mine doesn't have kdss, I do alot of highway driving so I don't think it's wise to keep it permanently disconnected especially if you're in a situation and need to do emergency maneuvers. I'll get under the cruiser in the next few days and try to see the easiest area to incorporate the quick disconnect

"Emergency maneuvers" such as driving your rig around the city block at full speed? something along those lines?
ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom