Techstream Software (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gaijin has opened a window of knowledge and curiosity. Has anybody bought the techstream software and cable for our cars? I can find them on ebay for pretty cheap. Does this work? I want to specifically set my doors to lock on drive. Do we have 16 or 22 pin connections?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is this possible? I also have a GCC spec LC i also want this feature

+1. Just started looking into this yesterday. There is a bit of info on other forums to be found by searching "Techstream" but nothing specific to the LC. I think I may just order one and give it a try. Even if it will not work to change settings, it would be nice to have the cable and software to use as a scan tool to pull codes and then keep records/files on my laptop. Very curious to hear of anyone's experience with this cable/software.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Don't have a 200 (yet?) but I've successfully used the UOBD2 Techstream VCI cable and software on my wife's 2003 4Runner. Pretty neat and useful for about $30.

Don't have a 200 (yet?) but I've successfully used the UOBD2 Techstream VCI cable and software on my wife's 2003 4Runner. Pretty neat and useful for about $30.

We're you able to disable warning chimes or alter the lock/unlock properties? Were factory settings for things other than engine/emissions/brake system customizable?

We're you able to disable warning chimes or alter the lock/unlock properties? Were factory settings for things other than engine/emissions/brake system customizable?

Yes, things like the dome light fade out time, door chimes etc. were available for customization. I imagine that there would be even more options on the 200-series.

I have eBay tech stream cable it works on all three toyota vehicles 2007+. It is Chinese eBay version for 35$. It is discussed in great detail on tundrasolutions.com.

Awesome. Thank you for the reply. I need to order up this device to be able to bodily so,e of the functions on my 200.

Here is picture and version of cable I have.

1408834589949.jpg

1408834607039.jpg

Well this is a VERY old post that I am replying to . I can't believe no one has updated it since 2013. That means it is really bad for a Land Cruiser 200 series or something. I wanted to be able to program a new remote key without having to take it to a Dealer. I bought a new remote key directly through dealer and not through eBay or anything. I went through all those open the door, close the door, turn the key off and on or whatever those instructions are. It didn't program the remote key. Heck, I couldn't even get the tiny screws out of the back of the new remote to replace the battery! I have no idea what kind of screwdriver they call for and I have just about every for all my laptops. That is the smallest screw I have ever seen.

So when I saw the Techstream program and what all it could do I thought WOW! now this could be something that could be worth it.

I followed these instructions for the Windows 7 64 bit and bought the Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream cable from Amazon. It didn't work. Well, it did. And it didn't. It didn't see all of the Systems. And it did not connect to my Smart Key. You can see my post at the end of the thread under LBL.

"For toyota and lexus before 2005, we recommend the Original Mini VCI Cable with latest v2.0.4 firmware (K-line Supported)"

The one I ordered from Amazon was not K-line supported.

Our Land Cruiser of course is 2001

The Techstream I had DID see all of the keys and was able to erase them and add them again. It just did not program the Smart Key function as a Remote or Wireless as they say.

Everyone else says they are able to do this. I just wonder if Land Cruiser is special in some way vs Toyota regular. I read the Bulletin and I saw where they had said that Version needed to be updated to 10+ in order for the Smart Key to work. I did that also and it still didn't work.

Has anyone else tried this since 2013 and gotten it to work on a 200 Series Land Cruiser?

ive gotten this thing to work to customize some features on my 2018 lc. one thing i noticed though was there was no option on the first part of setting everything up, for an LC the twin turbo diesel 1vd engine. it was only for the 3ue gas... i never did try going into any of the engine ecus.. can anybody shed light on this..

Rt, yes many thanks to getco.. used the same but software connects and I can customize but engine option does not include the 1vd twin turbo so I suppose I can't do proper diagnostic with it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom